The third part
Memorie.al/ publishes some archival documents issued by the institution of the Authority for Information of Former State Security Files, where is the voluminous file (forms, investigative and judicial), of Myrteza Bajraktari originating from Gostivar, who after finishing school high school in the city of Tetovo, in 1952, began his higher studies at the University of Skopje, in the branch of Philosophy, where in addition to teaching he was employed as a journalist in the newspaper “Flaka e Vllaznimit” published in Skopje, from where he was fired soon after, he published an article where he was openly against the displacement of Yugoslav Albanians to Turkey and as a result, he was appointed as a teacher in the 7-year school “Shaban Zeneli” in Kumanovo. Myrtezai was arrested by the UDB in 1952, after he was part of a secret organization called the ‘Albanian National-Democratic Organization’, and he was sentenced to seven years in political prison, which he served in the Nis prison and Idrizovo. Escape from Yugoslavia and coming to Albania, where after staying for some time in the internment camp in Seman of Fier, he was given the right to high school, graduating from the University of Tirana in Language and Literature, but after refusing the appointment in the city of Berat, in 1971, he was arrested and sentenced to seven years in political prison, on charges of “agitation and propaganda”. Release from prison and leaving without work until the collapse of the communist regime and his appointment as Consul General of Albania in Switzerland, until 1993, and then his election as Honorary President of the Albanian League in the World, for the countries of Benelux, where he worked for the cause of Kosovo, until he passed away on December 11, 2020. The entire complete file of Myrteza Bajraktari, with the names of officials and officers of the State Security, the nicknames of collaborators, “colleagues” and The “compatriots” who followed and monitored him, the provocateurs in the investigation cells, the witnesses who appeared in court, the letters sent to Enver Hoxha and the high official instances where he demanded his innocence, etc., etc., are published for the first time by Memorie .al
Continued from the previous issue
The “Top Secret” document drafted by the State Security Operational Worker, Captain I, Odhise Gjylameti and approved by Major Malo Zahaj, with the report on the control of personal belongings of the Yugoslav emigrant, Myrteza Bajraktari
ON THE CONTROL OF PERSONAL MATERIALS OF THE YUGOSLAV IMMIGRANT MYRTEZA BAJRAKTARI
From checking the personal materials of the aforementioned, I found the following suspicious items:
- Four letters (packages) with a kind of white powder, which resembles a pyramid, but which is not a pyramid.
- There is a piece of black belt made of a special substance, which must contain gelatin.
Why the above materials are questionable:
- With them one can write any invisible writing and then as after the given formula, be deciphered by the Yugoslav Intelligence, whose agent must be Myrtezai.
- It can be any other chemicals, for a specific purpose, such as poison, etc.
Black strip of special material:
- Copywritten letters (secret writing) can be deciphered with black tape.
- With this tape, duplicate letters can be dictated if they are supposed to be sent later by Yugoslav Intelligence.
It is interesting to note that he also brought with him a copy of the minutes, which show that he was convicted in Yugoslavia. From this I think we should draw the conclusion that this must have been an agent or he was later recruited and worked on his group, then he was compromised and they prepared him and sent him to our country, as their agent with the duties of certain detection.
As above I propose:
Carry out chemical analysis if there is a possibility from the Central Forensic Laboratory of three packages of chemical powder.
Study his work well and come to the conclusion, if one should ask about these things or if one should put in regular processing and capture the letters that will come from Yugoslavia and test if they are deciphered, by means of the black belt of special subjects.
From the materials I checked and the evidence I did, especially with the black tape, I have a strong suspicion that Myrteza Bajraktari must be a Yugoslav intelligence agent.
INVENTORY OF IMMIGRANT DOCUMENTS MYRTEZ BAJRAKTARI
- A launched perfume bottle.
- Three different keys.
- A black plastic strap.
- Various photographs 58 (fifty eight pieces)
- A notification letter of his.
- Three powders (medicines).
- Two Yugoslav newspapers.
- Some of his documents were written in Yugoslavia.
Inventory closes with No. ordinal (eight)
Captain I (Odhise Gjylameti)
The “Top Secret” document, approved by the Chairman of the Fier Branch of Internal Affairs, Colonel Abedin Tajari, with the plan of agency-operational measures for the processing of Myrteza Bajraktari, drafted by the State Security Operational Worker, Major Tajar Muharremi and Head of Section, Major Ramadan Cano
Approved Top secret
Colonel Abedin Tajari Fier, on 10.V.1963
P L A N
“Agentural-operational measures for the processing of the facility Myrteza Bajraktari 2 A”
Myrteza Bajraktari, son of Fahri and Remzija, born in 1933, born in Gostivar and resident in the Seman sector, with a teaching profession, completed secondary education, of Albanian nationality and Yugoslav citizenship, poor class, divorced civil status, without a party, when he was in Yugoslavia, he was twice convicted of political issues.
He immigrated to Albania on 17.VI.1962, together with his friend, Bejtash Ismaili; the latter tried to escape and was captured. In the depositions he made, he stated that he had been sent on an espionage mission together with Bektash (Myrteza Bajraktari), by the Yugoslav Intelligence.
Past: Since 1951, he has completed primary and secondary school in Gostivar, Tetovo, and Prishtina. He worked for four months as a clerk for the newspaper “Flaka e Vëllazërimit” in Skopje. In 1953, he was arrested by the UDB as an element that propagates against Turkish schools and that allegedly there was a tendency to flee to Albania, as well as for organized activities, after forming an illegal organization, etc.
He was recruited to prison by UDB Colonel Kiro Atanovski, tasked with processing several people suspected of being anti-Tito elements. However, after his release from prison, he did not report – ostensibly important issues to the UDB as its agent, and while continuing to work – against the Titoist regime, again forms an illegal organization and in such circumstances, comes as an immigrant to Albania, to get in touch with our bodies and after receiving their help in materials and weapons, for the “illegal organization”, to return back to Yugoslavia, to organize the “Uprising against Tito in Macedonia”, etc.
His stay in the Seman camp: as soon as he arrived, they immediately made contact and in intimate company, with brothers Halit and Recep Llazana, both of whom came from West Germany in 1958, and very suspicious, as agents of enemy Intelligence. . Recently, he has been seen in society many times with Ganimet Salina, Rexhep Zyberi, etc.
In order to detect his hostile activity, as a possible agent of the Intelligence in question, we will take the following agency-operational measures:
- To address B.p. “Drini” and “Kosovari”, to find out what the object thinks and why it reacts, regarding his arrival in Albania, his stay in the camp, the arrest of his friend, etc. For both B.p.-tors, it will be done by a line-of-conduct, how and what they will converse with the object. Also study the social circle for recruiting a B.p.
- To find out what connects the facility with the Llazana brothers, as well as the conversations they had with the Kosovar and Macedonian group, such as: Ganimet Saliu, Rexhep Zyberi.
- Simple combinations will be foreseen, for example, when the object breaks the rules of the nation, when at the same time they are called to the post office, keeping in mind the object, also B.p., – tors, “Dini” and “Kosovar”.
Such an action can be done when the issue is well studied and leaves us with doubts at the facility, to think that they could be provocations, etc.
Regarding his friend, Bektash Ismaili, since he is not normal from his mental state, the issue in terms of depositions where he implicates the object as an agent, currently remains in place, as there are no possibilities of investigation, or any combination.
The duties will be performed by Major, Tajar Muharremi, from May 30, 1963, until October 30, 1963.
Controlled by the head of Operational Workshop
Section I, Major Ramadan Çano. Chief of Section I Major Tajar Muharremi
The ‘Top Secret’ document approved by the Chairman of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Fier district, Colonel Abedin Tajari, with the plan of agency-operational measures for the pursuit and surveillance of the Yugoslav emigrant, Myrteza Bajraktari, in the Seman camp
Approved Top Secret
CHAIRMAN OF THE BRANCH OF INTERNAL P.
Fier, on 30.XI.1963
Operative-Agency Operative, for the facility in 2 / A, Myrteza Bajraktari, Yugoslav emigrant in Seman
The object Myrteza Bajraktari came to Albania on 19.XI.1962 and at the beginning of 1963, he came to Seman, for his escape from Yugoslavia to Albania, he deposited in the investigator, that he came with the intention to ask the government Albanian weapons and other important materials and in large quantities, in order to carry out an armed uprising in Yugoslavia, which has deposited that since 1951, has been a member of an organization called “Shkëndija”, for this claims that he created it himself in Gostivar, in order to fight the opening of Turkish schools.
After his depositions, he says that two members of the organization were arrested by the U.D.B. and after denunciations from them, he was arrested and sentenced to three years in prison and after his release, he rejoined the organization, to fight against Titism, regarding his depositions. to the investigator, leave great doubts that he will be sent by the Yugoslav UDB, for hostile purposes against our country.
During his stay in Seman, to date, according to the plan of previous measures with the tasks raised, have not been implemented and as a result, the facility is out of agency control because in his file there is no data to talk about any his activity.
For this reason, we think that in the future to detect his hostile activity against the popular power, we think to take these agency-operational measures.
- To be run with B.P. under the pseudonym “Kosovar”, and be given these duties.
- To associate with the object and to stay close constantly, to support his thoughts in order to build trust in each other, after he has approached in conversations with the object, to tell him in conversations that he will do how he has thought in the future, if they would not get him out of Semani, to learn from the object the reasons for his escape from Yugoslavia, what people he left there and the economic relations in Yugoslavia, and what changes were made after B.p. to say that I have been away from there for some time, in order to compare the economic situation of Albania with the situation there, to see with whom the facility in Seman is mostly associated by emigrants, and with whom.
2). Likewise, B.p. with the nickname “Eagle”, to be directed by us, in the direction of this object in order to learn from him, the location of the object in Seman, to learn what connects the object with the Llazana brothers, as well as the conversations he has with the group of Kosovars, such as Ganimet Saliu, Rexhep Zyberi, and others, in order to learn his connections with various Yugoslav elements, and his stay in the Seman camp.
3). To check his correspondence, to study on our part to take operational notes on the letters that leave doubts about the object and to place them in the file of the object, after the implementation of the tasks of this plan and after we have collected materials in charge of it, to think that in the future we will come up with concrete tasks to make it possible, to discover the activity of this object.
Performed by Captain Ibrahim Nasku, from 15 / XI / 1963 until 4/4/1964.
Controls, Head of Major Section Ramadan Canaj.
Operational Workshop Head of Section
Ibrahim Nasku Ramadan Canaj
- , to be given concrete line of conduct.
- Study the social circle of the facility and recruit a B.p. new if two B.p., that are have failed to enter into processing.
- To find out if the facility has Kosovar relatives in our district for the purpose of recruitment and listening and to meet with him in Seman, let’s see how he will be interested./Memorie.al
The next issue follows