Memorie.al publishes some archival documents issued by the institution of the Authority for Information of Former State Security Files, where is the voluminous file (forms, investigative and judicial), of Myrteza Bajraktari, originally from Gostivar, who after finishing school in the city of Tetovo, in 1952, began his higher studies at the University of Skopje, in the branch of Philosophy, where in addition to teaching he was employed as a journalist in the newspaper “Flaka e Vllaznimit” published in Skopje, from where he was quickly dismissed. , after publishing an article openly against the displacement of Yugoslav Albanians to Turkey and, as a result, was appointed a teacher at the 7-year school “Shaban Zeneli” in Kumanovo. Myrtezai was arrested by the UDB in 1952, after he was part of a secret organization called the ‘Albanian National-Democratic Organization’, and he was sentenced to seven years in political prison, which he served in the Nis prison and Idrizovo. Escape from Yugoslavia and coming to Albania, where after staying for some time in the internment camp in Seman of Fier, he was given the right to high school, graduating from the University of Tirana in Language and Literature, but after refusing the appointment in the city of Berat, in 1971, he was arrested and sentenced to seven years in political prison, on charges of “agitation and propaganda”. His release from prison left him without a job until the fall of the communist regime and his appointment as Consul General of Albania in Switzerland, until 1993, as well as his election as Honorary President of the Albanian League in the World, for the countries of Benelux, where he worked for the cause of Kosovo, until he passed away on December 11, 2020. The entire complete file of Myrteza Bajraktari, with the names of officials and officers of the State Security, the nicknames of collaborators, “colleagues” and The “compatriots” who followed and monitored him, the provocateurs in the investigation cells, the witnesses who appeared in court, the letters sent to Enver Hoxha and the high official instances where he demanded his innocence, etc., etc., are published for the first time by Memorie .al
Continued from the previous issue
Tirana, on November 10, 1984
R E L A T I O N
ON THE FIGURE OF THE OBJECT IN PROCESSING 2 / A MYRTEZA BAJRAKTARI
BIOGRAPHICAL DATA: Myrteza Fahri Bajraktari, born in 1933, born in Gostivar, Yugoslavia, resident in Tirana, Neighborhood No. 1, Street ‘Mihal Grameno’, of poor rural background, with higher education, married, i sentenced once to three years in prison, for agitation and hostile propaganda, with Albanian nationality and citizenship.
The mentioned, on 17.6.1952, crossed the border together with Bektash Ismaili. He says that I came to Albania to ask the Albanian government for weapons and other materials to take them to Yugoslavia and to organize a big uprising in Gostivar.
In 1951, he claims to have set up an organization in Kosovo, called “Shkëndia”, to fight against the opening of Turkish schools and against the dispersal of Albanians in Turkey. In 1953, he was arrested for this and sentenced to 5 years in prison by the UDB. In 1958, he was released and put in contact with the participants of other groups and formed the organization “Shkëndia”.
In 1960, he tried to escape to Albania, but was caught at the border and sentenced to four years in prison, released early, recruited by the UDB and given the nickname “Garip”, in the direction of Albanian teachers and intellectuals in Yugoslavia. Has made seven meetings with P.op. (UDB Colonel, Ciro), but did not give any report). There were 11 people in the organization who decided to organize the uprising, but for this, to get the opinion and help of the Albanian government.
THIRD DIRECTORY EVALUATION: This is a legend created by UDB, as these gun requests are known by other agents, sent by UDB and decomposed as such.
His friend, Bektashi, states that he and Myrtezai were sent here by the UDB. He argues that I was called by the UDB, for alleged violations of work and when he released me, I met with Myrtezain, who, proposed to us to escape, because at the border, there was no difficulty.
The minutes “Myrteza’s sayings” have great contradictions for the recruitment from UDB. His brother, is the major, the groom known to the local authorities and this convict? From the laboratory analysis of his documents, it turns out that they contain suspicious chemical elements. Three pieces of dust and a black rubber band were found.
In Albania, he moved to Seman, Fier and on 10.2.1966, he was actively involved in 2 / A processing as a UDB agent. On October 11, 1966, he came to Tirana to continue his higher studies in Language and Literature. On 15.4.1968, decreases in processing 2 / B, on 30.6.1977, increases again to 2 / A. in 1980, it dropped to 2 / B and in 1982, it rose to 2 / A, as a Yugoslav Intelligence agent.
From many sources, it has emerged that Myrteza Bajraktari, develops agitation and hostile propaganda and since he was implicated by Kapllan Resuli, was arrested on 12.11.1970, and sentenced to three years in prison, for agitation and hostile propaganda, after espionage, was not decomposed.
DATA ABOUT IT:
- The repatriate Mendu Hamza Nurçe, who came to Albania in 1963, says:, that Myrteza Bajraktari, who is an agent of UDB, went there. When we were together in prison, they brought me there and used it as a hafije to see my stay. When I got out of prison I saw him free and he was accompanied by UDB officers. “When he left for Albania, his children took good care of them and gave them a salary.” (Menduhi, was in 2 / A, as a UDB agent, currently dead).
- The repatriate to Yugoslavia, Bloko Mojsiu, who was suspected as an agent of Yugoslav Intelligence, in 1963 sent a letter to Rexhep Gostivar (in 2 / B, as an agent of UDB), with the following content: Fahri’s son, Myrteza Bajraktari, your people were very good, greetings. (It is doubtful that this is the link to get in touch).
From 1964 until today, in his direction, have given many B.p., where for each we are briefly describing the data:
- p., “Paketa”, has given seven reports in which, the object is expressed: In 1964, when I came to Albania, I was tied up and beaten in the investigator. A friend of mine went crazy in Seman, he now speaks at night and says that I got myself in the neck when I came to Albania; in Yugoslavia life is very good. 65 police officers mistreat us immigrants and if the government does not take action against them, it means that it allows them. The Yugoslav Legation is also aware of this work. I see that they are not releasing me from exile. I hoped to stay here and continue school, but I see that I am not being released, I decided to go to my family in Yugoslavia, I do not live here, it is better to put me in prison in Yugoslavia and live as a person, there live well, the people have freedom… ”!
- p. “Shqiponja” has a report in 1964, where the facility says: “parë the first place in the Balkans is occupied by Yugoslavia, for the production of good quality fabrics; they are produced very poorly here in our country”.
- p. “Adriatic”, there is two reports in 1964 where the object says: “These people here of the government, have some excessive things, when I came here; they threatened me and told me that you are a spy sent”.
- p. “Korabi”, in 1975, has given seven reports, where it turns out that the object states: “The injury of immigrants only happens in Albania! When you go to Yugoslavia, I will give you an order to go to Skopje and meet Hasan Bllaca and with the slogan: “You are the nephew of Bajram Curri”, he will say: yes, then you will tell him that: sent to me by Bajram Curri’s great-grandson, Myrtezai. This is his connection slogan. Tell him, that Myrtezai told me that from Albania, do not expect help, for what we talked about when I was there and I was put in the camp. You connect with West Germany, it will help you to unite Albania with Kosovo, overthrow the communist regime and create a nationalist government here. There, on November 28, you will raise a red flag in a mosque minaret, it will give courage to our organizations, which we have created there, it speaks about the good situation in the countries of the West and Yugoslavia, and it speaks badly about our country. , you will go to my sister and tell her that she has sent you the “Sword”, tell them that from Myrteza, take away all hope, he is isolated. To intervene with their people in Turkey, for them to intervene in the Albanian embassy, to attract me there as well. In case the sister doubts, you will say the slogan: “Unity or death” and tell her that Myrtezai will send her three letters with the date available to them, but I did not accept. For the first slogan, I told the investigators, but for the second slogan, I did not tell my sister, but I know how to deny them, they will force me to talk about the oppression they do to the people, the betrayal made Kosovo, leaving him in captivity, for the murders that were committed during the War, etc. When you go to Kosovo, do the paperwork and go to Turkey and meet my cousin, Nazir, and you will give me all my orders, for that, I will write him a letter “Say goodbye, Lion “, And when he answers me, I will find out your going there …… if they do not take me here to study, I will meet a great one and tell him all my thoughts and “he will organize an uprising in Turkey.” Then Myrtezai speaks harshly against Albania and calls the communists criminals. “If you are in Yugoslavia and they ask me to talk about the Albanian government, I will say that Albania has sold Kosovo to Yugoslavia itself. I hope that war will break out and communism will disappear… insult communism…! “In Tirana there is a crematorium for the disappearance of people without a trace.”
- p. “Molla”, there is a report in 1965, where it was heard and with T.O., the report states that the object states: I came here with a friend, not a member of the organization, but he went crazy and was repatriated. Two brothers, members of the organization, escorted us to the border. “I did not write a letter to them, because I took them in my arms.”
- Agent “Ylli”, has given 23 reports, from 1978-’81, where the object says: “I was put in prison, because a senior spoke to me in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, to talk about the hostile activity of Kapllan Resulit, but I did not speak. I am upset, I want to be repatriated, and the Yugoslavs will not put me in prison, because not only do I have an older brother there, but they will say: ‘this is the man who fought for Kosovo and fled to Albania, they put him in prison and came here again ‘. In Yugoslavia, people have all the good things and not like here, they put me in prison, but also separated me, the day will come, I want to reward them, in case they do not allow me to leave, I will escape, I will leave you as my representative, I will send letters and booty, you will connect here, with my two friends. You will act with them. Turkish Intelligence has a great activity in Albania, but it operates in a very secret way, it also works on behalf of American Intelligence, in case you, or I meet with a representative of the Turkish embassy, and he asks us to help him, to work with them merely to increase your well-being, with the rewards they will give. “The Turks guarantee that if you are in danger, the family will keep it, but nothing happens to us, because we are smart.”
Also for this object, has given B.p. of isolation rooms: “Shkëlzeni”, “Rrufeja”, and “Bredhi”, who process the arrested, as agents of the Yugoslav Intelligence, Estref Kelmendi, Selim Kelmendi, Namik Luci, Shefqet Kelmendi, etc., who implicate the object in hostile activities such as espionage, organizing and terror.
- In the minutes of the defendant Selim Kelmendi, dated 18.2.1984, he denounces: wages to us, are small and do not go out to make a normal life. In 1974, in a conversation I had with Myrtezai in the Cafe “Flora”, talking about the bad situation in Albania, I told Myrtezai that: this situation has come because the main leader of the Party, who is a dictator and without his liquidation, one cannot hope for a change in the political and economic situation in Albania. For myself, I decided to do something for the liquidation of the main leader of the Party and I told him to give his contribution in this direction. He did not speak at first, but later told me that he agreed to take part in the assassination of the main leader of the Party. I told him that we would kill with weapons and for every action we had to find weapons. He agreed to make efforts to secure weapons, to then assassinate the main party leader.
- From the data of B.p. “Bredhi”, which processes the arrested Shefqet Kelmendi, on April 20, 1984, Shefqet Kelmendi, was told: “On the problem of terror, what I have said is also me, Selimi, Estrefi, Namik Luci (all of them recently arrested, as agents of the Yugoslav Intelligence), Myrteza Bajraktari and anyone who may confuse them, we cannot keep it, I talked about this to the investigator and I will give other explanations, if necessary “. The same B.p., reports that Shefqeti told him: “I have a bad job, to talk about Myrteza Bajraktari. In fact, Myrtezai is unhappy, but I have rarely met him. Selimi met more because he had a close friend and Selimi told me that: Myrtezai agrees with the tasks and is ready to cooperate with us.
In the record of the interrogation of the defendant, Shefqet Kelmendi, dated 13./4.1984, Shefqeti testifies: together with my cousin Selim Kelmendi, I talked several times about performing this task and the people who would be activated, to be ready to act. Selimi told me that, with this task we could activate my friend, Myrteza Bajraktari, living in Tirana. So Selimi, having knowledge and trust in Myrtezai, proposed to me to discuss the issue of terror against the main leader of the Party, with Myrtezai, being convinced, that he would be shown to be ready. Later, having faith in Selimi’s words, that Myrtezai was ready to cooperate with us, for the assassination of the main leader of the Party; I did not ask Selimi for Myrtezai’s reaction “.
-Recently, Myrteza Bajraktari, has asked for innocence for the sentence he has served, but interesting is the fact that: all the statements collected by him, to prove his innocence, were taken from his connections, in joint activities, espionage, after all, they have materials, as an agent of the Yugoslav Intelligence “./ Memorie.al
The next issue follows