Memorie.al publishes some archival documents with the logo “Top secret” issued by the Central State Archive in Tirana (fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP) which belong to 1966, where there is a report-information of the secretary of of the Tirana District Party Committee, Manush Myftiu, sent to the member of the Politburo and the secretary of the Central Committee of the ALP, Ramiz Alia, regarding the procedures on how 272 families would be interned from the capital, from the “declassified reactionary families “, Sending them to the villages and areas deeper across Albania. As well as the letter of the first secretary of the Party Committee of the district of Fier, Sofokli Papavasili, addressed to the Central Committee of the ALP, regarding the hostile attitude of Nafiz Bezhani, Vlash Gjergji and Dhimitër Miçaço, who were interned in that about, etc.
Nafiz Bezhani, came from Tirana this year, as far as we know (because we do not have any documents for them), is an element expelled from the party. During the time here he whispered “the bullet of the bureaucracy caught me”. Holds a very bad attitude in court, fighting to win clients with beautiful phrases and passion. In an open trial in Libofsha, in connection with a murder, in order to gain fame while defending the criminal, he tried to discredit the victim, reaching banalities and absurdities in the eyes of the masses. He even did his best to discredit the trial panel and the doctors of expertise “. This is stated, among other things, in a report of the first secretary of the Party Committee of the Fier district, Sofokli Papavasili, sent to the Central Committee of the ALP, regarding the well-known lawyer, Nafiz Bezhani and two people who were interned in it circle. This archival document, which is published for the first time by Memorie.al, is preceded by a report with the logo “Top secret”, of the first secretary of the Tirana District Party committee, Manush Myftiu, sent to Ramiz Alia, regarding the problem of ” declassed elements”living and working in Tirana, where 2000 of them would be interned, being sent mainly to the districts where they had come from. For more we know the documents in question, which we are publishing in full in this article, along with the relevant facsimiles.
The “Top Secret” report of the first secretary of the Tirana District Party Committee, Manush Myftiu, sent to Ramiz Alia in 1966
ALBANIAN LABOR PARTY Top secret
CITY PARTY COMMITTEE Copy. No. 1
Prot. No. 852 Tirana, on 14.7.1966
Subject: The report is sent on some measures to be taken against some enemy and declassified elements.
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF P.P ALBANIA
Comrade Ramiz Alia
Attached we send you a report “On some measures for the transfer from Tirana of some enemy and declassified elements
As above we are waiting
The 1st Secretary of the K. P. of the City of Tirana
(Manush Myftiu) 22.12.1966
ON SOME MEASURES FOR THE TRANSFER FROM TIRANA TO SOME ENEMY AND DECLARED ELEMENTS
In the city of Tirana and on the outskirts of the city live many declassed elements, former kulaks, former leaders of the reaction and former political prisoners. From a study we did we came to the following conclusions:
- Some of them are old residents of Tirana, these are mainly former high-ranking officials of Zog, fascist occupiers and traitorous organizations: another part (and these make up the majority) have come from other districts, which have fled to hide traces. The ways they came are different, with a thousand tricks, taking advantage of our housing laws, support, hatred, bribes, etc. Some of them do not work because they are old, but they have children in different jobs. Another part, they are mainly former kulaks, have built houses around the city and work as farmers on farms, or as manual workers in construction, etc. There is another section working in offices and sectors of state-owned enterprises.
- Some of them carry out hostile activity and pose a danger to the capital, not only because they are a base for enemy elements, but also because they have become centers of the spread of hostile political slogans, of being infected with the bourgeois ideology of foreign performances. , organizing thefts, vagrancy activities, immorality and corruption. In almost all cases, the fibers lead to these infectious centers. As class enemies, they constitute the social basis of these negative phenomena that in the city of Tirana have become a really disturbing phenomenon.
- Considering their danger, the countries they came from and the time they came to Tirana, having as a basic criterion their past and the activity they currently carry out, we think that a part of them, about 272 families, should leave Tirana and go to other districts. Specifically:
In Shkodra 16
In Kukës 2
In Puka 2
In Bishop 3
In Kruja 4
In Burrel 2
In Durrës 2
In Elbasan 6
In Lushnje 1
In Fier 16
In Berat 13
In Skrapar 11
In Pogradec 13
In Korça 21
In Ersekë 15
In Vlora 27
In Tepelena 7
In Përmet 25
In Gjirokastra 36
In Saranda 20
In addition, there are 28 different specialists and clerks who need to be transferred from the departments to other districts.
We understand that this is a difficult problem: First because there are 272 families, about 2000 people and it is not easy to move them, second: a political problem is created because these people have relatives, gender relations, etc. , and in fact more than 2000 people are affected. But still, we think this is a fair measure to be taken.
To implement this plan we think like this:
Some leave in their villages where they came from. These make up the majority and work on the farm or construction. We will tell them to go to their villages where they came from. Those who have built houses here, the state will make them houses. The village must give them some economic base, their houses and land.
Another part, because they are in the border areas, will not go to their villages, but will leave in the plain areas. In a word, they are expelled from Tirana to other areas. Of course they need to create a living or work wherever they go.
Some, these are some clerks and specialists, will be transferred from the departments and will leave Tirana.
- We have considered that these contingents are causing trouble to other districts, but in this case nothing is being done but we are returning their contingents. On the other hand we think that there in the districts there is a possibility that they will be under stronger supervision.
- If the Central Committee agrees, after the districts are notified, we intend to charge the Executive Committee of K.P. and the Internal Affairs Branch of the City of Tirana, in agreement with the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, to send people to the districts to reach a concrete agreement and to start work immediately.
- On the other hand, in addition to this administrative measure for the liquidation of some infectious centers, the Party Committee has thought to take some other political measures for the isolation of other centers of this nature, which remain as well as some other elements of this category.
Every job center, such as the director (Framework Offices) and some grassroots organizations, should be fully aware of the people of these categories that they have in their job centers. It turns out that in many enterprises, such as. in the “Josif Pashko” Combine where there are many such elements, neither the directorate nor the basic organization knows anything about them, some have been assigned tasks in leading positions, and as a result, the class struggle there is on the ground. This situation must and will end.
The basic organization of the Party must take care of these people, control them and be aware of their activity, isolate them and openly expose them when they act. We think that some of them should not be members of Trade Unions. By no means do I want to convey that I recommend for the mother to be inactive. To follow not only their political activity, but also their moral activity, etc.
Basic Party organizations to be accountable to these people, not only for their activity in the work center, but also in the neighborhood and in their private lives, must make them harmless.
- On this occasion we also raise the issue of some expelled from the party. There are 726 of them in our city, a part of which, about 221 people have been expelled for political issues. We have noticed that grassroots organizations are not always aware of these people and do not follow their activities. This situation must change, the basic organizations must treat this issue in the spirit that was said above with all the attention and sharpness of the fight against the enemy elements of the party.
- These measures should generally help the work we have started to improve the internal situation in the capital, to strengthen the class struggle and the vigilance of the basic party organizations, to close the way to the negative phenomena observed in the lives of some people in our city. , such as vagrancy, immorality, degeneration of various kinds.
- These measures will improve the condition and struggle of the party. We are determined to take them to the end so we raise this issue before the Central Committee and ask for its help.
SECRETARY I K.P. of the CITY OF TIRANA
Note: It was discussed with Comrade Sofokli Papavasili to resolve this issue with the Supreme Court according to the rules and conform laws. 9.12.1966
Report from Fier on the expulsion of lawyer Nafiz Bezhani, who was interned in the villages of that district
But during the period of the communist regime, in the direction of the Central Committee of the ALP and the Deportation Commission for Deportation headed by Manysh Myftiu, many proposals came from all districts of the country. One of them is this report that we are publishing in this article, where the first secretary of the Party Committee of the district of Fier, notifies the Central Committee of the ALP, on the issue of the three internees who were in that district, proposing to remove them from there, as they were considered persons with hostile backgrounds who came from reactionary families and continued to maintain a bad attitude even there in exile. One of them is Nafiz Bezhani, a well-known lawyer and jurist who in 1998 chaired for several years the State Commission for the Purity of Figures of senior officials and MPs.
ALBANIAN LABOR PARTY “SECRET”
FIR DISTRICT PARTY COMMITTEE, on 4. X. 1966
Nr. Prot. 594 Specimens. No. 1
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF P.P. ALBANIA
In our district there is a group of lawyers, most of whom are of bad political composition. In addition to those we had, recently came two others, who are even worse, namely:
- Vlashi Gjergji, sentenced to life imprisonment with the ‘group of deputies’ and released ahead of schedule. Recently came to Fier transferred from the district of Përmet. As we have heard, both in prison and in Përmet, he has not maintained a good attitude.
- Nafiz Bezhani, came from Tirana this year, as far as we know (because we have no documents for them), is an element expelled from the party. During the time here he whispered “the bullet of the bureaucracy caught me”. Holds a very bad attitude in court, fighting to win clients with beautiful phrases and passion. In an open trial in Libofsha, in connection with a murder, in order to gain fame while defending the criminal, he tried to discredit the victim, reaching banalities and absurdities in the eyes of the masses. He even did his best to discredit both the jury and the doctors of expertise.
- Such a bad element is the lawyer Dhimitër Miçaço (he has been before), because no protection of the law can be expected from them. On this occasion we would like to express our opinion that it seems unfair to them that without asking and without obtaining the consent of any party or government body in the district. (For the first two that have come this year, no one has informed us) . /Memorie.al
SECRETARY OF THE DISTRICT PARTY COMMITTEE