The fifth part
Memorie.al/ publishes some archival documents extracted from the Central State Archive in Tirana (fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP), which are detached from a voluminous file with the initials “Top secret” which belongs to the 1980s- 1982 and talks about the sensational event of the tire rupture of some of the vehicles of the foreign diplomatic corps accredited in Tirana, which disturbed even the main leader of the Party, Enver Hoxha, who immediately called the Minister of Internal Affairs, Feçor Shehu , where, at the height of his anger, the “Commander” said: “If for 24 hours you do not find out who and why damaged the vehicles of foreign embassies in Tirana, find a hole and enter”! The alarm of the Minister of Interior, Feçor Shehu, who called for an urgent meeting, all the main directors of the department he headed, and after making clear to the “Commander” the great concern, lest that event would create a diplomatic incident with several countries, Within 24 hours, the State Security organs and other structures of the Ministry of Internal Affairs managed to discover the perpetrator of the “crime”, Prendushme Deda, an employee of the Municipal Enterprise of the capital, who was working on cleaning the streets, which was caught in flagrante delicto in front of the “Dajti” Hotel while packing the tires of some of the vehicles of the diplomatic corps in Tirana. Rare testimony of the former Director of the Central Forensic Laboratory of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Neshat Tozaj, given shortly before he passed away, regarding the heated debates and his clash with Minister Feçor Shehu, after he , as the head of the laboratory he led, refused to sign the expert report, to consider the cutting tool as a “cold weapon”, with which the cleaning worker had broken the tires of some of the vehicles with “CD” license plates! Feçor Shehu’s threat to his subordinate who immediately fired him, sending him as a screenwriter to the Kinostudio “Shqipëria e Re” and Tozaj’s long odyssey, to restore his honor and dignity, sending him letters complaints of the Prime Minister Mehmet Shehu and then Enver Hoxha, which became the cause of the cooling and the first clash between the two highest leaders of communist Albania, of that time! Enver’s accusations against Mehmet Shehu, that: why he had kept secret the sensational event that shook official Tirana (for fear of a diplomatic incident with several countries), where after his death and the arrest of Kadri Hazbi and Feçor Shehu , that new event came “on stage” and as a result, all members of the “hostile group” who had been accused of damaging the vehicles of foreign embassies (with the exception of Prendushe Deda, who was released on amnesty of 1986), and the return to work of Neshat Tozaj (as Director of the Central Forensic Laboratory at the Ministry of Internal Affairs) who a few years later, wrote the novel “Knives”, which would then make a fuss great, being republished several times!
Continued from the previous issue
The secret document with the report drafted by Rexhep Kolli, a senior official in the apparatus of the Central Committee of the ALP for the bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, sent to his superiors, regarding the problem of the “hostile criminal group”, who were arrested and convicted of damaging vehicles of foreign embassies in Tirana!
SOME ISSUES TO EXPLAIN AND EXPLAIN TO THE BASIC ORGANIZATION OF THE INVESTIGATION DIRECTORATE PARTY
ç. On May 28, 1981 in the grassroots organization, when you were discussing the report “criticism and self-criticism a powerful tool for enlivening the inner life and increasing the leading role of the grassroots organization”, among other things, this problem was raised, but not in the report.
– Comrade Elham, while discussing, made the same self-criticism that he made in the party committee of the Ministry on April 29, 1981, as much as it is said in general. Friends have asked some questions:
– Comrade Florian asks: Has the girl’s family and daughter been interned? If so, this measure must now fall as well. Is it fair to say that, Sokoli does not understand the importance of the issue?
– Comrade Jorgo Çuli, asks: Is there a message from Comrade Bato to analyze this problem?
Friends have expressed their thoughts about these questions. Thus:
– Comrade Elham said: “The deportation measure has been taken before for the whole family. The Tirana Prosecutor’s Office did not approve the arrest sanction, because there was no conviction, but it was ordered by the Deputy General Prosecutor. Sokol Koleka did it out of carelessness and being influenced by the words spoken by me. If the organization is going to analyze the problem, I think we should prepare and stop the organization at the “different” point.
– Comrade Jorgo Çuli, said: “Yes, there is a message from Comrade Bato, to analyze this problem in a special point”.
– Comrade Pelivan Luçi: “Comrade Bato said that the organization should be clarified, therefore I gave my opinion…”!
– Comrade Xhezo Hodaj, said: “I think that this problem is not necessary to be analyzed in the organization, to be left with that”.
– Comrade Kristo Vangjeli, said: “I agree with Elam with the criticism, while for Sokol the problem should be seen”.
– Reshat Leskaj, said: “I think we should not go deeper into the masses.”
– Comrade Irfan Shaqiri, said: “I am of the opinion that there will be mistakes and we will criticize the shortcomings and mistakes, but not to take serious measures. Sokol’s last mistake has nothing to do with previous mistakes. “Comrade Elham did the self-criticism and he should be left with that.”
So judge comrades and reflect a little on the Party materials and the teachings of Comrade Enver. Has the problem been properly addressed at this grassroots meeting?
Here everything is seen shallow and therefore some issues arise that need to be clarified:
Why did Comrade Elham raise the problem like this, saying: “If the organization will analyze the problem”, “Prepare and stop the organization at different points”? Is not this fellow clear that the grassroots organization should be reported for its work and various violations? He instructed the Party committee to analyze the problem in the organization, what did Comrade Enver do from April 30, 1981 to May 28, 1981, who was not prepared to report to the organization? How is it possible for such a serious violation of the law, which brought unjust suffering to some citizens, to be analyzed at the “different” point? Are we not dealing here with underestimating concepts about the core organization and its leadership role?
– How is it explained that some communists have given shallow opinions that smell of servility, such as: “this problem does not need to be analyzed in the organization, to stay with that”, “not to go deeper into the masses”, “Comrade Elham did it” self-criticism, to be left with that”etc., and this when the issue has not been analyzed at all, when even with the generalization, these friends were not known?
– How is it explained that your organization does not introduce you to this problem and demand accountability, that even when it was made known, it was satisfied with a cursory self-criticism?
On 25.4.1981, the Judicial Council of the District Court of Tirana, reversed the decision No. 65 dated 19.12.1981, of the Court of First Instance, which belongs to the defendants Edmond Ruzi and Lindita Beka, requesting the case for investigation of new.
– In this regard, some issues arise that require clarification:
– What new investigations did the Investigator make? You will say that the Tirana branch of the Investigation knows it. However, you who deal with the control of the Investigation, what do you know?
– Why was not the issue of application of Article 100 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and Article 57 of the Labor Code for Lindita Beka? You will also say about this, it belongs to the Tirana Investigation branch. However, you knew the problem, why you had centralized issues; you also knew how the stunt for the arrest sanction was done.
In these circumstances, should not Comrade Elham and any other comrade who has dealt with this reflect? What about you who deal with the control of legality in the investigation, do not see the application of Article 100 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and Article 57 of the Labor Code as the object of your work?
Did you know that Lindita Beka was unemployed for several months, that on August 27, 1981, the Tirana Investigation Branch gave her the certificate of dismissal by hand, instead of having gone to the factory on March 1 and communicated in the collective? Do you know that even this certificate for the termination of the accusation, as well as for its placement in work, required the intervention of the General Prosecutor’s Office, that until 10.12.1981, he had not yet been paid for his time in prison?
Did you know that Lindita, from March 1 to August 1, was homeless? Did you know that for this girl, both the work center and the neighborhood formed a bad opinion because the Investigator did not inform them of anything?
– But when the Investigator removes the acts from the criminal files, the dates in the acts change, etc., you comrades in control, should you act, if so, why did you not act in this case?!
When we started on December 7, 1981 to check and clarify the issues related to this criminal process, the comrades of the Investigation Directorate and those of the Tirana Investigation Branch, raised obstacles, in the sense that they did not tell us openly from the beginning how it is the truth. We had to do some confrontations between cadres, some confrontations with documents. The question arises:
– Why did these friends do this to us, whatever that means?
– Was it not appropriate for the comrades to reflect on everything about the process and the consequences that flowed from it, to tell them where and why the violations were committed, to think about the measures how to put these violations in place?
– How is the control of the apparatus of the Central Committee of the Party understood and conceived why our mistakes and shortcomings hidden are? We have been instructed by the Party leadership, and this needs to be clear to everyone, we do not come to “make mistakes”, but to learn how you work, how you break down and implement the directives, what a positive experience you have and of course when you have transgressions let us both point out and remind you of the teachings of the Party and of Comrade Enver.
Tirana, on 7.1.1982 Rexhep Kolli
SOME PROBLEMS TO BE IMPORTED TO THE PARTY COMMITTEE OF THE MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
With the conclusions we laid out in the grassroots organization, you got to know friends. These issues in the grassroots organization were analyzed and she judged them with maturity and a high spirit of partisanship, revealing not only the reasons that led Comrade Elham to flagrantly violate the laws, but also her responsibility, of every communist, who did not prevented comrade Elham from slipping into these mistakes and faults. This enabled Comrade Elham, at the end of the peer discussions, to reflect better and deepen the self-criticism.
What did the grassroots organization say specifically? She said that Comrade Elham is a capable and experienced staff in the investigative work that he has led and conducted investigations for large processes of special importance, that even from the political-ideological level, he is a prepared comrade. But why then did he commit this grave violation of socialist legitimacy, how is this explained? The communists with arguments gave a clear and fair explanation to this question.
They said that: the fact that Comrade Elham has a long time in the Directorate of Investigation, that he has led and developed large criminal proceedings, in terms of their importance and character, became a director and was kept close by Comrade Feçor and Comrade Bato, cultivate he thought: “I am the most capable, because I know the laws and legal norms well”, that: “the norms and laws are for others, not for him”.
Thus, political and professional arrogance was cultivated and flourished in this friend, overestimating himself and underestimating his friends, the tendency of complacency and euphoria was cultivated, the display of work to appear, arrogance and arrogance.
To argue these foreign concepts and manifestations of communist morality which had taken place in Comrade Elham, the grassroots organization provided the following concrete facts:
Comrade Elham underestimated the grassroots organization and its leadership role. He was not accountable to the organization, just like us other communists. Therefore, instead of preparing in time and reporting to the organization about the violation and the causes and responsibility, the comrades said, he revolted when asked to give explanations.
Not only that, but Comrade Elham said: “If the organization wants to analyze, prepare and come out at different points”, when this violation had been raised over a month by the General Prosecutor’s Office and the Supreme Court.
Moreover, Comrade Elham, in this very meeting of the organization, when asked for explanations, asked for permission to leave the meeting, under the pretext that: “there is an important job”, as if the meeting of the organization was not important?! But the problem of breaking the law that had to be explained and analyzed was not important for Comrade Elham?!
The underestimation of the basic organization is not only for this case, but he, as his comrade’s say, in the meetings of the organization, constantly discussed, drowned out the criticism of the communists, becoming the characteristics of the communists, from time to time. When discussing a problem, he would say something about himself and then start in turn about the other communists, becoming characteristics and this not for everyone, but only for those who did not go after the avaz.
He did not go to the Party quota himself and give it to the secretary of the organization, but waited for the secretary to come to his office and take it. For this reason, he often did not pay for months and then the secretary of the organization said to him: “Comrade Elham, you have two months without paying the Party quotas”! So Comrade Elham, did not feel the role of the organization and did not associate words with deeds.
The Communists said that: Comrade Elham did not take part in professional work, while in military work; he went as far as shooting. When the comrades prepared a report based on the plan, “how is the professional work going and the measures to improve it”, comrade Elham did not like this report, because they said in the report, among other things, that: “Professional work is not going well, as comrade Elham as director, does not participate ”!
For this reason, he removed Comrade Pelivan from the working group and changed the report. So, the order of the Minister for professional work, “could not be applied to Comrade Elham”, why he “does not need, knows everything”?! Memorie.al
Tirana, on 12.1.1982 Rexhep Kolli
The next issue follows