The fourth part
Memorie.al/ Published some archival documents taken from the Central State Archive in Tirana (fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP), where is the political diary of Enver Hoxha in the period March-June 1981, when demonstrations and protests began of the people of Kosovo, who rose up to demand their legitimate rights and freedoms, just as the other nationalities and nations that made up the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia had and enjoyed them. The entire political diary of the main leader of communist Albania, where he and the official Tirana of that time, closely followed the events in Kosovo and spoke openly in public, coming out openly in defense of our Kosovar brothers across the border who lived for centuries in the lands ethnic groups, who rose up to demand their legitimate rights and freedoms as the other nationalities and nations of Yugoslavia at the time had and enjoyed, and accusing official Belgrade of the discriminatory policies pursued by the Titoist regime until at the time against Kosovo and the entire Albanian population living under Yugoslavia, and also accusing the Kosovo leadership of being “pro-Tito”, and “sold to the Belgrade leadership”. But contrary to what he said in words, he never did it with deeds and the attitude that official Tirana held towards the events of Kosovo in the spring of ’81, seems to have been just enough for the facade and only for public consumption in the international arena, as the regime Enver Hoxha’s communist regime from 1949, when official Tirana broke off relations with Marshal Tito’s Yugoslavia, until the end of the 1980s, pursued a policy towards Kosovars who came to Albania to escape the persecution of the Titoist regime. even more cruel to them, imprisoning, torturing and interning them, with the accusations of “UDB agents”!
“We must also make an analysis of the attitudes held by the various chancelleries, that is, to determine and recognize which ambassadors of the countries of the world, especially of the countries of Europe and in particular of those countries that have or that they can have influence over the Yugoslav government, have been pro-us, against the actions of the Yugoslavs and have condemned them. Here let us not forget that there are also those who have been shown to be neutral. So far, we have seen that some newspapers have written more realistically in favor of the issue of the people of Kosovo and our position. Such are some newspapers and journalists of the Federal Republic of Germany, is the West Germans, then come the Austrians. We do not even have diplomatic relations with West Germany, while relations with Austria are good. The Austrians hold this position because they have contradictions on minority issues with the Yugoslavs, while the West Germans do not. “Therefore, we have to judge why West Germany has a more realistic attitude towards Kosovo Albanians and towards Albania, which has always criticized it and is in disagreement with it.”
This is what the former main leader of communist Albania, Enver Hoxha, wrote in his diary of May 18, 1981, focusing on the events in Kosovo, which at that time was the Autonomous Province of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, where just months after the death of Marshal Josif Broz Tito (May 4, 1980), who ruled the country for almost 35 years from the end of World War II, in the Yugoslavia he left behind, internal unrest would begin. , such as the mass demonstrations and protests of the people of Kosovo who rose up to demand their legitimate rights and freedoms, just as the other nationalities and nations that made up the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia had and enjoyed, to go as far as calls “Kosovo Republic”.
As we will see from these archival documents where the political diary of Enver Hoxha is located, the main leader of communist Albania and official Tirana, followed closely the events of Kosovo and spoke publicly, coming out openly in defense of our Kosovar brothers. across the border living for centuries in their ethnic lands and accusing official Belgrade of the discriminatory policy it had pursued until then towards Kosovo and the entire Albanian population living under Yugoslavia, and also accusing the Kosovo leadership of being “pro-Tito “, And” sold to the Belgrade leadership “.
But contrary to what he said in words, he never did it with deeds and the attitude that official Tirana maintained towards the events of Kosovo in the spring of ’81, seems to have been just enough for the facade and only for public consumption in the international arena, as the regime Enver Hoxha’s communist regime from 1949, when he broke off relations with Marshal Tito’s Yugoslavia, until the end of the 1980s, pursued an even more policy towards Kosovars who came to Albania to escape the persecution of the Titoist regime. savage against them, imprisoning, torturing and deporting them, with the accusations of “UDB agents”!
Likewise, although in the events of the spring of 1981 and onwards, official Tirana ostensibly supported the demonstrations of the people of Kosovo and their demands for a “Kosovo Republic”, Enver Hoxha would never want that to become a reality. because in a way, two Albanian states would be created, where Kosovo would become a factor and Albania under his leadership, would be defactorized in the international arena. In this context, immediately after those events, official Tirana intensified the persecution and violence against Kosovars who were in Albania, arresting and sentencing to prison some Kosovar intellectuals, such as: Selim Kelmendi, Estref Kelmendi, Shefqet Kelmendi, Naimk Lucin, etc., who were arrested in 1983, accused of: “attempting to assassinate the main leader of the Party, during his visit to the Museum” Gjergj Kastrioti Skënderbeu “in Kruja in 1980”.
And all this was done to lower the reputation of Kosovars and Kosovo in the eyes of the Albanians of the homeland. However, these remain the object of analysis that are not the subject of this article, where we are publishing only the political diary of Enver Hoxha, which he has kept in that period of time, which Memorie.al since March of this year, continues to publish in full in some issues of the historical dossier section.
Followed by the last number
Enver Hoxha’s political diary on the events of demonstrations and protests of the people of Kosovo in the spring of 1981
The Serb attack pursued two objectives: the genocide in Kosovo and the attack against the Socialist People’s Republic of Albania. With one hit he wanted to kill two birds, but he killed himself and the wound will have serious consequences. The infamous policy full of fuss and falsity was unmasked. The apprentices could not follow the journeyman who died and continue to sing hymns never heard before in the world about a person who brought Yugoslavia to the brink. Hardly pumped cults end quickly and easily. And those who were deceived by the slogans of Tito’s “world and domestic” politics were disappointed. The Yugoslav “greatness” that lived in dreams that it had become the “navel” of the world, turned to dust and ashes.
- However, we have thought and still think that Yugoslavia must be saved. But neither the UDB nor people like Herljevic, Stambolic, Rankovic and Vukmanovic can do this great deed. “Zeri i Popullit”, a body of the Central Committee of the ALP, wrote three basic articles, where it spoke the truth and called for moderation, for composure, for meditation, to reduce bloodshed and establish peace in Kosovo, to be reviewed with justice and objectivity the demands of the Albanians. The body of the Central Committee of the ALP emphasized in Albanian and worldwide that “Albania had not intervened and would not interfere in the internal affairs of Yugoslavia”, that “it had never made territorial claims”, that the Albanian people was not in favor of undermining “The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and that it would fight side by side with the people of Yugoslavia if they were attacked by anyone.”
We seemed to be saying real and vital things, but in the wilderness. The entire Yugoslav leadership of all ranks and types and Yugoslav diplomacy judged and spoke with the head and tongue of the Yugoslav secret police under the apparent leadership of the Serb bigots. We kept our composure in front of the shameful choir all over Yugoslavia shouting against the Albanians: “Eureka”, we found the culprit! But the choir was false and the world opinion, even those countries that do not want the best for us, took revenge on us and not on the Yugoslavs. Only the sworn enemies of the peoples, the Soviet revisionists, were silent when the whole world spoke. Why did they shut up, we will go back one more time and discover the threads of the great Russian-Serbian conspiracy? Prior to this sensational defeat, Chief of Police Herljevic organized with his people, in the absence of the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Verhovec and without the knowledge of the Yugoslav Ambassador in Tirana, Komatina, the event at the Yugoslav Embassy in our country. to “paint a little with gold” his copper, which came out of the tin.
Our experts, together with officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Socialist People’s Republic of Albania, summoned by the Yugoslav ambassador, went to the country and, in the presence of all the staff of the Yugoslav embassy, did in detail the expertise, which our Ministry of Foreign Affairs Foreign handed over to Mr. Komatina. This answer and this expertise did not please the Yugoslavs. They asked their experts to come to Tirana, which we allowed. But so many days have passed and they are not looking. The article in question in the Belgrade newspaper ” politics ” appeared in their place. We tell the newspaper ” politics “, a body of UDB, in our response it was categorically excluded that the explosives, two special TNT piles and with special combustion, which Albania does not have, were thrown from abroad. We, for politics, did not declare that they were decided from within. The Yugoslavs did not want to reflect on our statement.
Then, since you are trying to blame us for lying to the world, we are telling you that there are two people at the Yugoslav embassy in Tirana and a third of Russian origin who did these things. You can find the names yourself. We also emphasize that everything related to the May 23 event at the Yugoslav embassy is documented, photographed and filmed. We also tell the newspaper ” politics ” that the daily facts show that the spirit of Helsinki was a soap bubble. These facts justified socialist Albania. We will also show the world with facts that socialist Albania is not a danger to Europe, as you claim, Belgrade’s puppet, but Tito’s Yugoslavia is a danger to the Balkans, to Europe and to the world.
MONDAY 1 JUNE 1981
ON THE SECRET SOVIET-SERBOM COOPERATION
Thesis for the article
- The Soviet revisionists did not speak at all about the tragic events in Kosovo, caused by the great Serb clan of Belgrade, as if nothing had happened. The whole world spoke, reported, commented, while the Soviets and Bulgarians did not. Why? To tell the world: a. “We are among those who do not interfere in the internal affairs of others, as you are constantly accusing us.” b. “Let the Albanians and the Yugoslavs solve their own affairs.” These are two formal aspects for the eyes and cheeks of the Soviet-Bulgarians, which pushed Yugoslavia to shut its mouth against them and makes us Albanians tear this mask off. What is the reality that we must unmask? The Soviets are very interested in straining relations between Yugoslavia and Albania, possibly to the brink.
- Such a situation brings the Soviets a number of advantages: It weakens the Socialist Federal Republic of. Yugoslavia, which is in turmoil and in deep national, economic, political and state contradictions; it also weakens the Socialist People’s Republic of Albania, which is an inflexible bastion against modern Soviet revisionism, American imperialism and world reaction; disrupts this kind of stability in the Balkans and threatens NATO’s southeastern wing with turmoil and uncertainty.
- In this secret game, the Soviets support the great Serb clan of Belgrade against the Albanians of Yugoslavia and against the Socialist People’s Republic of Albania. They do not talk about what happens in Kosovo, to support the big Serb clan and not to weaken Serbia and this to impose its hegemony on the other Slovenian-Croatian clan that is pro-Western (pro-US).
- The big Serb clan is for bureaucratic centralism. The Croatian-Slovenian clan is for Titoite self-government. The self-governing system has economically and politically weakened the large Serb clan. Rankovic and his clan were liquidated. The Soviets in their time supported the Rankovi. Clan until, at one point, he called it “the most positive,” the “singer of the Soviet anthem.” After Tito’s death, the Serbian clan seeks revenge against the Croat-Slovenian clan. There are deep contradictions between the two most powerful clans that will deepen even more. The Soviets are conspiring with the Serbs. The Soviet silence on the oppression of Albanians by Serbs helps the Serbian clan weaken the Croat-Slovenian clan and change the self-governing system into a bureaucratic bourgeois system.
The Soviets are holding the Bulgarians and the Macedonian cause, they are like a pawn pushing or pulling it according to the conjunctures that will be created. We must expose this great and savage Soviet-Serb conspiracy. He is one of the most dangerous for the Socialist People’s Republic of Albania and for the Balkans. The world opinion in general and the chancelleries of the world are in favor of the “Republic of Kosovo” and approve our positions, not for our beautiful eyes, but that they are against this conspiracy, that they are for this status quo in the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, that they are not for Serbian hegemony. The “Republic of Kosovo” weakens the Socialist Republic of Serbia and strengthens the status quo of the Yugoslav Federation, it thwarted the strategic plans of the Soviets.
TUESDAY 2 JUNE 1981
KOSOVO EMIGRANTS, SERBS CALL YOU TERRORISTS
History and reasons of Albanian economic emigration from Kosovo, Macedonia and Montenegro.
- Economic misery in your hearths and high chronic unemployment and hopeless recovery forced you, or forced you to emigrate to any country in the world that accepted you into the most degrading jobs, that is, that accepted you as servants and slaves of modern times.
- Josip Broz Tito encouraged emigration abroad and categorized the unemployed in the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia into two groups: the simple internal unemployed and the unemployed emigrants, who were expelled abroad in all four corners of the world, who also he got rid of them and exploited them. The bankrupt Titoist regime needed credit, it needed foreign exchange. Taking out the loan he was filled to the brim with debts. The clicks in force stole from these as much as they wanted and sold the place to foreigners. They created foreign exchange with tourism and degenerated the people, the locals threw them out in emigration to become slaves of foreigners and to take foreign exchange from them. The bankrupt Titoist regime signed special agreements with the states where it sent you to absorb your sweat and blood. He set up his own consulates everywhere to control and threaten you.
New and methodical regime of spiritual and bodily slavery. The biggest Yugoslav emigration is the Albanian one. This shows the great economic misery of the Albanians of Yugoslavia, but also shows a great political action of the Titoist regime – to shatter the part of the Albanian nation that was forcibly left within the Yugoslav borders, to scatter it around the world through forced expulsion and mass and expel him from his lands by means of emigration. The old policy of the Serbian kings continues with the new Titoite kings. In every country of the world where you run, Albanians, the Tito regime has set up clubs where it forces you to register. In them they indoctrinate you and threaten you that, if you do not do as the club (UDB) advises you, then they will take away your passport and consider you as homeless, with UDB measures they also threaten you against your families in the homeland. Your homeland, Kosovo, was drowned by the Serbs in blood. They brutally killed your sisters, wives, brothers, fathers and grandfathers because they demanded their rights.
Kosovo’s prisons are full, there are people crippled by torture, the siege continues wildly, but Kosovo and all Albanians living in their territories resist and will resist even more strongly the terror and violence of the great Serbs. Why are you in solidarity and protecting your people, Yugoslav propaganda calls you “terrorists”. You do not shy away from cursing Serbs. If you do not protect your brothers and sisters, if you do not protect your nation, you cannot even be called Albanian. You are always correct and right with the laws of the country where you work, but you have to tell the people of these countries that “we can no longer tolerate the barbarism of the Serbs. “They have declared war on us, we are responding.” The Socialist People’s Republic of Albania has protected and will protect the rights of the Albanian brothers living in Yugoslavia. If we do not do this, we will commit a crime and be traitors to our nation. Let the Yugoslavs and the whole world know this, even the French newspaper “Le Mond” and the Italian newspaper “La Stampa”, sold to the Yugoslavs. /Memorie.al
The next issue follows