Memorie.al publishes an archival document titled “Top secret” belonging to October 27, 1982, where the first secretary of the Party Committee of the district of Berat, Mine Guri, informs the Central Committee of the ALP about some cadres of State Security as: Refat Nenaj, Besnik Cani, Nuri Brahimi, Miti Shyti, Halim Velçani, Merdar Hasa, Tahir Çobani, Petraq Rrushi, Seit Zeqiri, Ligor Divjaka, Kudret Çollaku, Rustem Çipi, Janaq Lila, Skënder Lika, Haki Shehu , Ramazan Muka, Sokrat Bitri, Koço Eftimi, etc., accusing them of acts of immorality, hostile activity, agents of foreign intelligence, abuse of office, abuse, embezzlement, concealment of biography, display of nepotism, etc., etc.
Only a short time after the event of December 18, 1981, when Prime Minister Mehmet Shehu was found dead in his bedroom in mysterious circumstances which continue to be discussed even today, in all grassroots organizations and Party Committees throughout the district. long meetings were held in the country, where it was discussed “in the spirit of the Plenum V of the Central Committee of the ALP and the speech of Comrade Enver Hoxha on the synoptic picture of the enemy of the polyagent Mehmet Shehu”. In all these meetings, as it is known in a large number of files with the logo “top secret” found in the Central Archives of the State, the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Defense, many discussants who have taken the floor have thrown all kinds of accusations, true and half-true, with slander, fabrications, fabrications and gossip, and everything that has come to them. All this in the direction of the now deceased former Prime Minister, Mehmet Shehu, his family and those who were considered their collaborators, mentioning by name dozens of military and senior cadres, from the center to the base. Likewise, these meetings intensified and took off, especially after October of that year (1982), when the Minister of Defense, Kadri Hazbiu (who had held the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs for almost three decades), was arrested. Interior), as well as Feçorr Shehu, the acting Minister of Interior as with Mehmet Shehu, the same picture was repeated for Hazbi and Feçorr Shehu. And after the end of these meetings, the secretaries of the basic organizations, the first Secretaries of the District Party Committees, or the delegates from the Central Committee who assisted in those meetings, drafted the relevant reports-information and sent them to the Central Committee of the ALP where they were personally seen by Enver Hoxha himself. In these contexts of the events of that time, a meeting was held in the basic organization of the Party Committee of the Branch of Internal Affairs in Berat, as well as the Court of Prosecution of that district, where the first secretary of the district himself assisted., Mine Guri. Which is also made known by this archival document that contains the report-information made on this occasion by her (with the initials ‘top secret’), where she has summarized some of the ‘main issues’ that have emerged and been discussed there. And where it is clear that everything had only one purpose, that of slandering, denigrating and unmasking the people talked about there, accusing them mainly of immorality, hiding biographies, and all kinds of absurdities. But that actually meant and prepared the ground to accuse them later as collaborators of their former bosses, Feçorr Shehu, Kadri Hazbiu and Mehmet Shehu. We are publishing the document in question with abbreviations (removing only the propaganda parts) and with the full names of the accused, not for the purpose of denigration, but to understand (mainly the younger generation who did not live at that time), how it worked that regime of communist Albania before the ’90s, where after every “hostile group” that hit and eliminated Enver Hoxha, a wide circle of officials of different functions as well as their relatives were hit, being accused of collaborators of them.
follows from the previous number
ALBANIAN LABOR PARTY Top secret
PARTY COMMITTEE Copies no. 1
Nr. 1114. Prot. Berat on 27. X. 1982
Subject: Information: “On the elaboration of the materials of the 5th Plenum of the Central Committee of the Party in the party organizations of the Branch of Internal Affairs and of the Court and the Prosecution”.
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF P. P. ALBANIA
- On some violations of legality
– In the policy of strike the enemies have given orders contrary to the line of the Party. On the one hand they oriented or transmitted the Party’s messages to save those who could be saved, on the other hand they measured and evaluated the work of the branch or cadres by the number of blows inflicted regardless of who they were. Thus, the Deputy Chief of Investigation, Jake Tefiku, in his discussion said: “In some cases, when I was working in Shkodra, – even when there was no necessary base for strikes, Feçorr Shehu asked for a strike and in other cases when there was no base necessary, he demanded that a blow be made, which disoriented us at work. ”
– Kadri Hazbiu and Feçorr Shehu had oriented the work of the staff to be evaluated by the number of hits. This has resulted in violations of legality and norms with the base cadres by making provocations through the agency and the whistleblowers in order to provide data on strikes.
– Feçorr Shehu insisted that every person who was taken as a defendant, must go to court. This order, although not implemented, created confusion in the ranks of the investigation and the risk of violating the law by them.
– In Përmet, the charges against the defendant Llambi Poçi were dropped, accused of espionage in favor of the Greek intelligence, which was proven in addition to the defendant’s depositions with other evidence. The former director of Security, Kadri Gojashi met with the defendant and after hearing his allegations threatened him, saying: “Do you know that you have a bullet in the forehead for what you say” ?! he finally gave the order to drop the charges, because for this, according to him, other verifications had been made and that he was not in the service of Greek intelligence.
– In some crimes against the state it has resulted that the same person is a witness. It so happened that with the conviction of some Kosovars, the Kosovar Ram Gashi appeared as a witness several times.
4. On mitigating the class war
– When Kristo Budo was arrested and investigated, against whom there were serious suspicions that he was an agent of Greek intelligence, Feçorr Shehu ordered that the investigation not be extended in this direction, but to be punished only for agitation and propaganda.
Around 1979-1980, the Skrapar branch of the Interior Ministry started the criminal case against former officer Besim Dervishi, for defamation against the operative worker Bajram Ciro, after in a letter addressed to Kadri Hazbiu, Besimi wrote that Bajram’s father was an enemy of the people. Although this fact is true, Feçorr Shehu has insisted on keeping Bajram Cira in the branch where he is currently. Bajrami also has an officer brother in the People’s Army.
– Kadri Hazbiu in 1959, was for dinner at the house of Ali Xhelo, who after seven months was arrested and convicted as an agent of the Greeks.
– Kadri Hazbiu, when he went hunting in Lezha, kept close and was associated with a hunter named Mark, for whom there was material that he was put in the service of Italian intelligence and he was aware of this.
– At the border post in Tushemisht in Pogradec, a border gate was seized from outside to inside. Feçorr Shehu ordered and returned the violator without being investigated by our bodies.
– A person from Rrëshen, Gjin Doçi, was released from prison by Kadri Hazbiu and Mihallaq Ziçishti without being brought to trial.
– Kadri Hazbiu has opposed the suggestion of the President of the Internal Affairs Branch of Shkodra, to give capital sentences to some clerics on the grounds “who then hears the bells of the Vatican for religious persecution”.
– During the investigative process of Edip Ohrid (1980) it turned out that some planes taken from BS before, were given by our government to China, taking in exchange other planes of poor quality. The investigation team has prepared an information about Comrade Enver on this issue, but this information, after some changes were made by Feçorr Shehu, was handed over to Mehmet Shehu. The latter noted that “I am aware of this” and ordered that the investigation process for Oedipus Ohrid be completed as soon as possible, without further expansion.
– Kadri Hazbiu has been in contact with suspicious persons such as Novruz Gostnishti from Përmeti, who was convicted of stealing socialist property and was the grandson of the kulaks of Pagri and former exponent of the National Front, Baba Kamberi. This person also went home and, on this occasion, instructed Novruz’s mother not to separate from the Kulak brothers, but to maintain regular relations.
- On the work in the Court and the Prosecutor