Memorie.al publishes some archival documents labeled “Secret” taken from the Central State Archive in Tirana (the fund of the former PPSh Central Committee), which belong to 1979 and are part of a file with reports, announcements , instructions, notes, letters, information, etc., of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Shkodra district, addressed to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which were then sent to the Central Committee of the PPSh. Part of that file is an information report drawn up by the Head of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Shkodra district, Rexhep Kolli, dated November 7, 1979, who sent it to his superiors at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Internally, where we are talking about the sensational event of July 27 of that year, where Nikoll Pjetër Hysaj, originally from Vermoshi, a person who was pursued by the State Security since 1973, was able to cross the state border and escape to Yugoslavia . As we will see in the said document, the head of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Shkodra district, Rexhep Kolli, has made a detailed and detailed description of the biography of Nikoll Pjetër Hysaj, starting from the origin of the family and the attitude of her political life, from the period of the Zogu Monarchy and that of the Nazi-fascist occupation, 1939-1944, the liberation of the country where the Hysaj family had sheltered and supplied Prek Cal, the escape to Yugoslavia in 1949, of Nikola’s father, Pjetër Hysaj, together with his brother, Mark and their cousin, Kola, the murder of Pjetër Hysaj in 1952 by the border forces, accusing him of working for the UDB, the 10-year prison sentence of Gjon Kol Hysaj in 1979 etc. After the biographical side of the Hysaj family, in the aforementioned report-information sent to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Rexhep Kolli, has stopped and made an equally detailed description of the behavior and moral-political attitude of Nikol Pjetër Hysaj, emphasizing among other things that, in 1973, the State Security bodies had tried to make him their informant, but they had expelled him within the year, after he had de-conspired and from that time until the day that Nikola escaped, on July 27, 1979, he was regularly monitored and followed by the State Security authorities (as a contingent with a bad past and bad attitude), being in active processing 2/A. Then in the document in question, after having described all the circumstances of Nikoll Pjetër Hysaj’s escape, the head of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Shkodra district, informed his superiors of the relevant disciplinary measures and punishments he had received for Operative Workers and responsible persons who supervised Nikola. But what stands out in this document is the fact that Nikola’s father, Pjetër Hysaj, is not mentioned anywhere, that he is the murderer of Nik Pjetër Ndreka (“Hero of the People”), as he was accused by propaganda and the communist regime of Enver Hoxha, until 1991, which clearly and best shows that that accusation was a trick and fiction of the communist regime in power, in order to promote the biography of the Hysaj family and create hatred from the residents of that area, to them.
The secret document with the relationship formulated by the head of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Shkodra district, Rexhep Kolli, sent to the Central Committee of PPSh, related to the biography and the circumstances of the escape of Nikol Pjetër Hysaj, on July 27, 1979
PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC SOC. OF ALBANIA SECRET
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AFFAIRS Copy No. 1
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS Temporarily. 2 years
“Security side” Shkodër, on 7.11.1979
No. 1952 / Prot.
R E L A T I O N
On the escape of Nikol Pjetër Hysa
On July 27, 1979, Nikoll Hysa, the son of Pjetri and Age, left in the defendant’s direction, born in the village of Vermosh, Shkodër district in 1947, with 7 years of education, unorganized, unconvinced, by profession a worker – mason, with Albanian nationality and citizenship, married with 1 child, completed military service and residing in the new village, Bushat.
The political stance of his family during the anti-popular regime of Zog and during the occupation of our country by the Italian-German invaders was indifferent. In the period of the War and after the liberation, they maintained a bad attitude as a family, they connected with the criminal Prek Cali and they sheltered and supplied him.
After the breakdown of our country’s relations with the Yugoslav revisionists, his father, Pjetër Hysa, together with his brother, Mark Hysa and his cousin, Kola Hysa, escaped to Yugoslavia. In 1952, pursued by our forces, Pjetër Hysa, Nikolla’s brother-in-law, was killed when he was working for the UDB, in the Vermoshi area.
Currently, there is a cousin over three generations who escaped, while Gjon Kol Hysa, his distant cousin, was repatriated and in 1979, he was sentenced to ten years of deprivation of liberty, for the crime of agitation and propaganda against the popular government. .
Nikolla himself, after finishing his 7-year education, worked in the village, later mobilized in the army and after completing his military service, until May 1979, he lived in Vermosh together with his wife and young son.
In 1971, the person mentioned in the case tried to attract him in the cooperation of the State Security bodies to the category of informer by P.Op. Beqir Çoka, and after one year, on 10.2.1972, he was expelled from the agent network, for the reason that he de-conspired. As a man with a bad past and a bad attitude, it has been proven contingent.
In 1976, he was processed in the P.P., because it was suspected that he knew about the escape of his fellow villager, Gjergj Rizaj, but after the data in his charge were not verified, he was removed and again kept in the evidence of the contingents and under agency control, but data in charge of it, have not come out.
During the last years, Nikolla was allowed by the cooperative and based on his request, he was placed with a job in Bonifikim, on Rruga – Ura, in Koman. Later, from time to time he asked to leave Vermoshi, to stabilize himself with work and living in depth, in some Farm or N.B.
On this basis and to remove him from the border area, we talked with the Executive Committee and at the end of May 1979, he settled in the new village in Bushati Farm and on June 16, he started working in N.B, in Trush sector.
From this time, the Operative Worker of the area, Vat Gjoni, informed the Operative Worker of Bushati, telling him that he was in the contingent, that Nikola had his son shot and told him to be careful and on 27.7.1979, passes the card to him, who also takes it into evidence, but does not take other measures to organize the work for his control, either through the agency and the line of measures.
On July 17, his wife’s father-in-law, Mark Jakaj, from the village of Lohe i Kopliku, sent a telegram to Nikola, telling him that Nikola had a sick son and asking him to go see him together with Vitora and to take an interest in his health. Thus, on 18.7.1979, Nikola together with his wife left Bushati and went to Lohe to see the son they had left with his wife’s parents.
On the 20th, together with his wife, they went back to Koplik, to retrieve the medicine that the doctor had given him. At this time, he left his wife for her parents to send the medicine, while Nikola himself went to Bushat, where he stayed until 23.7.1979, at which time he left for the village of Vermosh.
Before the departure, he met with Mark Prelë Lisi from the village of Mali i Jushi and took 500 lek to make him two sofas, something they had talked about before. On July 25-26, 1979, it has been proven that he slept with his brother, Gjergj Hysa, in Vermosh, with whom he separated and on July 27, 1979, after he went out on the highway, supposedly to come to Shkodra, never seen again.
In the search for Nikoll Hysa, it has been proven that he fled to Yugoslavia and this is proven by the fact that:
At home in Bushat on 23.7.1979, he left a letter in which he wrote: “Get a wife, don’t be bored, get a young man, don’t smoke or brandy, live your life with love, because you took me to zi, just so you know, that I wasn’t there for you”, and after signing it, he ordered it, saying that for me, I don’t pay anything to anyone.
The Border Directorate has informed us that in Tropoja at the beginning of August, at the border point of Çerem, at pyramid No. 18. A Yugoslav citizen aged about 50 came out and spoke to the border unit, saying that a villager from Vermoshi, aged 27-28, had come to Guci.
The First Branch of the Directorate of State Security with letter No. 3630 dated 10.91979, after announcing the cancellation of the search, says that Nikoll Pjetër Hysa has fled to Yugoslavia.
Analyzing the causes of the escape mentioned in the subject and the shortcomings of our work in this regard, we conclude that:
- Nikoll Partir Hysa escaped because of the enmity he nurtured towards the popular power, as an element of bad origin, whose father was killed at the time he was sent by the UDB to Yugoslavia for subversive actions against our country.
- During the time he became an adult, even after he got married, he was characterized as a promiscuous man, without personality, given to drinking, with a weak moral attitude, so there was no credit in the village.
- From the study of the letter he left at the time of his escape to his wife’s address at home, as well as the data we have, it appears that his wife has never agreed with his attitude and behavior, even she has repeatedly asked him that, this to give up drinking and other vices, issues that may have influenced him to escape.
- After he settled down with work and residence at the Bushati Farm, although he had a past and a very bad attitude, he was not kept under agency control and the area where he worked, because the Operative Worker, Nikoll Brigja, although he was informed and was ordered to organize the work in his direction, he did not take any measures to make his figure known to the Party comrades and leaders in the work center and kept under agential control, to be informed about the movements of him, as well as for his reactions.
- Although Nikoll Hysa was an open contingent, his composition and attitude were not made known to the collective of employees of the sector where he worked, therefore, although he left work for 10 days in a row and circulated in the area of Bushati, Koplik and Vermoshi, until he escaped, our bodies did not announce his departure, neither from the work center nor from the heads of the village mass organizations.
- The Operative Worker, Vat Gjoni, although he assessed the danger that this man presented and was interested in removing him from the border area in depth, after he was stabilized with work and residence in Bushat, I did not properly coordinate the work with the Operative Worker, Nikoll Brigja and did not activate the agency it had to check him, to see how he reacted after he left Vermosh, how he waited for the trip to Bushat, what problems were bothering him, etc., and to signal when he went to Vermosh. Thus, being satisfied only with the orders that the Operative Worker, Nikoll Brigja, gave him verbally in his card, to record it in the evidence of the contingents, he gives on July 27, 1979, that Nikoll Hysa must have crossed the border to Yugoslavia.
- The crossing of the border from the inside out, by the fugitive in question, must have been done during the day and in the sector of the border point of the Union, in the direction of pyramid No. 15. which at this time was not covered by the unit point of the border service.
We have analyzed all these flaws and weaknesses in our work, and in addition to the tasks that we issued, the Operative Worker, Nikoll Brigja, was moved from the area of Bushati and sent to that of Gruemira, because there were other cases of lack of vigilance, weakness in the work to control the contingents, where as last year, in the area covered by this, we had escapes.
That’s it for your information. Memorie.al
HEAD OF THE BRANCH OF P. BREBNDSHME
Copy 2. REXHEP KOLLI