By Gjet Kadeli
Memorie.al publishes some archival documents issued by the Authority for the Information of the Files of the former State Security, where there is a voluminous file (the processing form file with 433 pages and the investigative and judicial file with 632 pages) in charge of Gjet Kadel, originating from the village of Bulshar in Oroshi of Mirdita and living in Bushnesh and Mamurras of Kurbin, former political prisoner in the communist regime of Enver Hoxha and his successor, Ramiz Alia, who spent 16 years in communist camps and prisons, as in Spaç, Burrel, etc. As we will see from the documents that are in the file in charge of Gjet Kadel, which is published for the first time by Memorie.al, the surveillance and pursuit of him began in 1957, when he was 17 years old, with the information report of the State Security officer, Fahri Kraja, (based on the data of the Security associate with the nickname “Dylli i Bardhë”, with the approval of the Head of the Department of Internal Affairs of the Kruja district, lieutenant colonel Muhedin Këxhalliu) , continued even during the period he was in camps and prisons, such as in Spaç, where after the revolt of May 1973, Gjeta was sentenced again, as he was the main ideator for raising the flag without the communist star, continuing then in the prison of Burrel, with the reports-information of the Operative Worker, Piro Nuredini, etc., about Gjeta’s conversations with other convicts of that prison, such as: Pjetër Arbnori, Daut Gumeni, Abdulla Sallaku, Spartak Ngjela, Avni Aliko, Luan Burimi , Çaush Çoku, Kapllan Resuli, B come Gjonzeneli, Bashkim Shehu, etc. The surveillance and follow-up of Gjet Kadel continued even after his release from prison in 1987, continuing until January 1991, with the collapse of the communist regime, when his file was finally closed and archived in the secret archive of the former State Security. In the same way, an important place in the said files is also occupied by letter correspondence of Gjeta and his family, with their father, Pjetër Kadeli, former soldier of the Monarchy of Zogu, who had blown up the prison cells of Internal Branch of Rrëshen on July 28, 1950, stayed for some time in the mountains on the run, and then in 1951, secretly returned to Mirdita, took his son, Gjoni, and escaped to Yugoslavia and then to the USA- es, where he stayed as a political emigrant, until the beginning of the 90s, when he returned permanently to Albania. During this period of almost 35 years since Gjet Kadeli has been followed and monitored by the State Security, a total of 33 associates of the State Security have been en gaged and activated against him, who have given their reports, starting from “White Wax” in 1957, until “Dallandyshja e Mali” in 1990, which will be reflected in full, as they are in the relevant files.
Continues from last issue
The document with the decision signed by the General Prosecutor of the Republic, Dhori Panariti, for the arrest of Gjet Kadel
I SANCTION THE ARREST
DHORI PANARITI Tirana on 1/8/ 1972
Tirana on August 1, 1972
I, the investigator of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Llambi Gegeni, after studying the materials in charge of Gjet Kadel, son of Pjetri and Mrika, born in 1942, born in Bulshar village of Rrëshen district and resident of Mamurras in Kruja district, villager high school, carpenter by profession, primary education, sentenced to 3 years p.l. for weapons possession without a permit, Albanian citizenship and nationality,
That the aforementioned has agitated and propagated for the undermining and weakening of popular power, this crime provided for by Article 72/1 of the Criminal Code.
His hostile activity is proven by the materials attached to this decision.
Taking into account that his release may lead to avoidance of the investigation and court bodies, guided by Articles 145 and 157 of the Criminal Code. Criminal.
For Gjet Pjeter Kadeli to arrest you.
This decision, to be notified to the above mentioned taking his signature.
The document with the decision of the investigator of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Llambi Gegeni, for the initiation of the criminal case against Gjet Kadel
The decision was notified to me on 3/8/1972 INVESTIGATOR
Gget Pjetër Kadeli Llambi Gegeni
(On the initiation of the criminal case)
In Tirana on 1/8/1972
I, the investigator of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Llambi Gegeni, after studying the materials in charge of Gjet Pjetër Kadel, born in 1942, resident of Mamurras, Kruja district, Albanian citizenship and nationality,
That in the materials in question there are data that accuse the above-mentioned in committing the crime of agitation and propaganda against the popular power, provided as a crime by Article 73/1 of the Criminal Code. For this and guided by Article 95 of the Penal Code.
The initiation of the criminal case against Gjet Pjeter Kadel for the crime provided by Article 73/I of the Criminal Code.
The secret document approved by the head of the Department of Internal Affairs of Kruja, Dhosi Pecani, with the operational plan for the arrest of Gjet Kadel
Temporary 5 years
Krujë on 1/8/1972
OPERATION PLAN FOR THE ARREST OF PIETER KADELIT
Evaluating the dangerousness of the “Zullapi” facility and in order to implement as best as possible the military rules that are in force, for the measures to be taken for the arrest of a person, the following should be done
- Assign the most suitable room that does not pose a risk of suicide that is under constant supervision by the guard post of the isolation rooms. The Investigator is charged. Hamdi Shullazi until 2.8.1972.
- To take agential measures to process in the dungeon for this to find B.P. and elaborate the plan of measures defining the line of conduct, provide T.O. the isolation room within 2.8.1972, investigator Hamdi Shullazi, Th. Toto and S. Resuli.
- To create the operative group composed of K/Investigator sh. Hamdi Shullazi and two policemen for the arrest of the object within the date 3/8/1972. During the operation, it should be taken into account that the operative group is informed about the activity and the dangerousness of the object before 3/8/1972. During the operation, it should be taken into account that the operative group is informed about the activity and the dangerousness of the facility beforehand. Investigate where he is. Perform a fine personal check, communicate the arrest by tying him up, then go home for a check. During the inspection, look for documents that talk about hostile activities, weapons, etc. During the operation, take the members of the People’s Council with them. The operational sector also helps in this work.
- On the part of the investigation and the operational sector, immediately after the operation, draw up the plan of operational measures – agency and investigation. The issues that need to be clarified, the questions that will be developed to other objects, the operative sector, the agency measures for the activation of the agency, the activity of the object’s connections, the reaction in the people and which people should be questioned as witnesses. These plans should be drawn up by 4/8/1972.
- On the part of the investigation, measures should be taken together with the platoon commander for the preservation of the object, the policemen who serve there should be gathered, the secrecy and the rules applied in the dungeon should be discussed, and strong control should be organized. Continuous task.
- To get in touch with the friends of the agricultural cooperative, like with the friend Muharrem Sefa, informing him about the arrest, in order to help us and increase vigilance. Performed by the Branch President until 4/8/1972.
HEAD OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS BRANCH
The secret document with the plan of measures approved by the head of the Interior Branch of Kruja, Dhosi Pecani, for the beginning of the investigative process, against the defendant, Gjet Kadeli
HEAD OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS BRANCH Kruje on 4/8/1972
PLAN – MASS
For the investigation of the case in charge of the arrested Gjet Pjetër Kadeli
On 3/8/1972, Gjet Pjetër Kadeli, residing in Mamurras, will be arrested for terrorist tendencies towards the leadership of the party and the state, and for agitation and propaganda.
In order to document and stop his activity and his connections, during the investigation of the case, aim in the following directions:
- To document with evidence his activity for the crime for which he was arrested.
- To be asked about the charge, for the crime of terrorist tendency and propaganda agitation and escape.
- Since when did he start thinking and preparing for terror?
- Since when did the hostile activity in the form of agitation and propaganda and the tendency to escape.
- The activity with which persons he developed also for terror.
- Where was his aim?
For this, these investigative rules will be carried out.
- After he is arrested, his personal and apartment will be searched.
- The material evidence will be fixed in the verbal process.
- The charge will be announced and the defendant will be taken, at first the following questions will be asked:
- His biography and connections will be taken.
- You will be asked to explain to us why you are accused and then give explanations for this. If he speaks, he will accept the accusation, the investigation will continue and if he does not speak, it will be stopped for a while.
- The investigation in the direction of this facility will initially become intensive in order to unravel its activity.
- After receiving the defendant’s first explanations for his further questioning, a special plan will be drawn up.
- The object will be processed in the dungeon with B.P.
- It will collaborate with the operational sector in order to learn:
- How his relations react after the arrest.
- To collect new materials at his charge as legal evidence.
- Witnesses will be questioned about the charge. If it is possible to discover the hostile activity, we will start questioning the persons who are implicated and who know about his hostile activity. A special plan will be made for this.
- During his processing in the dungeon, T.O. will be used.
- During the investigation of the case, in cooperation with the operational sector, if it is deemed necessary, some agency combination will be worked out.
Branch Investigator Hamid Shullazi performs these tasks
The secret document with the plan of agentural-operational measures, approved by the head of the Internal Branch of Kruja, Dhosi Pecani, for the investigation of Gjet Pjetër Kadel and other persons implicated in his activity
HEAD OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT Kruje on 4/8/1972
PLAN OF MEASURES
INVESTIGATE OPERATIVE INVESTIGATION AGENCY FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF GJET PETER KADEL AND OTHER PERSONS INVOLVED IN HIS HOSTILE ACTIVITIES.
On the basis of the Sanction for the arrest by the General Prosecutor’s Office dated 3/8/1972, the arrest of Gjet Pjetër Kadel from Mamurrasi will be carried out, for hostile activities against the party and the people’s power, as well as for having shown the tendency of terror against the leadership of the party and the state, which the latter has been confirmed with T. Op. on 20/6/1972.
From the study of the form file in charge of Gjet Kadel, in addition to other data, in 1966-67-68 he also showed the tendency to escape abroad, this comes out both from the agency and from the denunciation of the citizen Pjetër Lugja from Mamurrasi, yes so in the data it appears that he also has illegal weapons and a knife, which he sometimes carries with him.
A number of other people are also implicated in the hostile activity of this object, such as Nik Fran Deda in processing 2/A as a possible agent of Yugoslav intelligence and close connection Gjeta maintains a connection with Adem Mujon and he in processing 2/A as an agent of possible Yugoslavian discovery where through this data base he tried to communicate with his father who is on the run, to send him loot and dollars since Ademi is originally from Kosovo and has his people there. With the immigrant Sokol Matoshi to communicate and with this with his father abroad, with Jorgo Rondo, the former internee is free today but there are indications of other escape tendencies.
In 1967, Gjeta together with Xhemali Sula rode in a Yugoslav car.
In order to discover his hostile activity as well as to get hold of materials about Nik Fran Deda, Adem Mujo and other connections of Gjeta, for this we think to take the following measures:
- To receive B.P. in ward 309 Ballsh and be brought to the P. Internal Branch. It was carried out by Hamid Shullazi on 2/8/1972.
- P. after being taken, he will be placed in the isolation room where Gjet Kadeli will be placed, for this B.P. to draw up the line of conduct. It was carried out by Hamid Shullazi on 2/8/1972.
- Before entering B.P. in the isolation room, to place T.Op. As according to a special plan. It was carried out by Sami Resuli on 2/8/1972.
- After the establishment of B.P. in the dungeon by the operative officer as per the rules to be taken to the investigation office by the branch investigator sh. Hamdi Shullazi and there to elaborate the legend according to which B.P. before the object in the dungeon, at the same time you are given the behavior line B.P. which will have already been processed by the investigator and the operative sector. This task will be performed on 2/8/1972.
- Arrest Gjet Kadeli. Before the arrest, the following tasks will be performed:
- To verify where Gjet Kadeli is located.
- Get his certificate.
- To check his family and social ties that has cooperated with him. This is in order to avoid the escape of any of them who are afraid of Gjeta’s arrest, such as Nik Fran Deda, Adem Mujo and others. For this, a quick meeting with B.P. “Cezma e Troja”, “Mbrehia” others, who will be given the task of keeping under control the mentioned persons, their movements and in the case of strong suspicious cases, or leaving outside the district, immediately inform the relevant P. Operative.
- The arrest of Gjet Kadel will be carried out on 3/8/1972 by Section Chief Thanas Toto and Branch Investigator Hamid Shullazi.
- After Gjeta’s arrest, his apartment should be searched in order to obtain compromising materials. It was carried out by Branch Investigator Hamid Shullazi together with Chief Sec. Thanas Toto and Police Chief Kamber Pogën. Done on 3/8/1972
- After the arrest of Gjet Kadel, to have a meeting with b.p. that we mentioned in point 5 and are given the following tasks:
- “The Fountain of Troy”. To meet his family and in conversations with them to learn:
- How do they react to Gjeta’s arrest?
- If they had something in common with Gjeta that compromises them
- If they are shocked
- If they know with whom Gjeta has common activities
- “Brehia”. To inform us how Nik Fran Deda and Adem Mujo react to Gjeta’s arrest and if they are shocked
- If they move and where they go
- Who meets them at the center and other jobs
- Address B.P. “Mbrehia” in the family where Gjeta worked privately together with his mother-in-law, that maybe Gjeta, on the eve of his arrest, may have left something compromising in that house.
- Through the connections, “Mbrehia” learned from Ndue Zef Ndoj what valuables and contraband Gjeta sold to different people.
- “Mbrehia” to get in touch with Kin Basha and clarify the purpose of Gjeta’s and the latter’s visit to Lushnje.
These tasks will be performed by Section Chief Thanas Toto until 8/20/1972.
- To evaluate the first data of the investigation in time, to interweave them with the data of the field and the dungeon as well as the data of T.Op. And subordinate to them to issue new tasks.
It is carried out by the Branch Leadership Dhosi Pecani, Ramiz Lalzi and Section Chief Thanas Toto and Branch Investigator Hamid Shullazi until 8/15/1972 and as many times as will be deemed necessary.
- Through the agency, our trustees, we learn which people come from other districts and get in touch with Gjeta’s close connections and who are interested in his case. For this purpose, apart from the agency we have mentioned above, and B.P. “Bachelor”, “Residenti Butrinti” and others. Performed by Thanas Toto until 15/8/1972.
- To study the implications in the Gjeta file as well as the connections with the purpose of collecting legal evidence in the direction of Gjeta. It was carried out by the branch investigator Hamdi Shullazi and Chief Sec. Thanas Toto, until 30/8/1972.
- For the follow-up and implementation of this plan, we think that this division of labor should be:
- Investigator Hamid Shullazi to deal with the investigator and leadership of the agency in the dungeon, Ramiz….
- OP Sami Resuli to organize the work to listen whenever it will be deemed necessary the conversations in the dungeon with T.O.
- Section Chief Thanas Toto and P.Op. Axhem Velia to take charge of the agency in the field, aim for securing good evidence and cooperate with the investigation.
- Branch President sh. Dhosi Pecani and his Deputy Ramiz Lalzi took over the control and management of work in the center and in the field./Memorie. al
OPERATIONAL WORKER “AGREED”
Harilla Kola HEAD OF THE K/DISCOVERY SECTION
The next issue follows