Memorie.al publishes some archival documents taken from the Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana, which have been kept “Top Secret” for years, where it is about a correspondence between the Albanian Embassy in Rome, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana and Enver Hoxha’s cabinet, regarding a wealth testament that an Italian citizen, named Romano Gobbo, from San Darligo, Triste, had decided to leave to Enver Hoxha?! What is said in those archival documents that the Memorie.al editors are publishing for the first time starting from today’s issue and how is the fact explained that; those official documents of such great importance that are addressed to Enver Hoxha, are they not signed by him, as was the case with all other documents, even the most mundane ones?!
“Attached, we send you the original letter of the Italian citizen, Romano Gobbo, addressed to our embassy in Rome, through which he announces that he has prepared a will addressed to his friend Enver Hoxha”! This is what is said, among others, in one of the archival documents marked “top secret” dated November 30, 1981, which Memorie.al is publishing for the first time, trying to shed light and illuminate one of the darkest affairs of the family of the former communist dictator, Enver Hoxha, which is related to a wealth will that came to him from an Italian citizen, named Romano Gobbo!
Based on the fact that the wealth of the Hoxha family has been talked about quietly, since the end of the 80s, and openly and publicly in the press, after the overthrow of the communist regime in 1991, the publication of these documents tends to reveal at least one of the darkest sides of the family of the Albanian communist dictator, Enver Hoxha, who for nearly half a century ruled the small Balkan country with an iron hand, leaving it one of the most backward and underdeveloped of the entire European continent .
Based on this, in this article we are publishing two archival documents with the relevant facsimiles, where the first, dated November 20, 1981, is an official letter from the Albanian embassy in Rome, signed by the ambassador, Piro Bita, sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana, where he was informed that an Italian citizen, named Romano Gobbo from San Darligo, Trieste, had a great love for “comrade Enver’s work”, as a sign of respect he expressed his desire to leave his wealth in a will , “in our favor”! At the end of this official letter, the Albanian embassy in Rome informed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana that they were sending the letter to inform them, since they did not know the person in question, but would they have sent him photos and some material of Comrade Enver.
Ten days after this letter, on November 30, 1981, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Reiz Malile, sends an official letter to Enver Hoxha’s personal secretary, Haxhi Kroi, where he informs him about the letter that came to the department he headed. related to an Italian citizen named Romano Gobbo, who “had prepared a property will addressed to friend Enver Hoxha”! And at the end of this official letter, Minister Reiz Malile emphasized that the Albanian embassy in Rome informed him that he did not know the person in question!
Letter from the Albanian embassy in Rome, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana, regarding the Italian citizen, Romano Gobbo, who wanted to leave his property to Enver Hoxha
A M B A S C I A T A
DELLA REPUBBLICA POPOLARE D’ALBANIA Rome 16.11.1981
I N I T A L I A VIA ASMARA.9
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
T I R A N E
Attached we send you the letter addressed to our representation by a man named GOBO Romano residing in San Darligo, Triste, from which it appears that the person in question is a sympathizer of the RPSSH and that he has great love for the work of comrade ENVER. As a sign of this respect, I express my desire to leave his wealth in our favor.
We are sending his letter to inform them. We don’t know the person. We will send a picture and material of friend ENVER.
The letter of the minister, Reiz Malile, addressed to Haxhi Kroi, regarding the property will that the Italian citizen, Romano Gobbo, left to Enver Hoxha
Comrade Haxhi Kroi,
Attached we send you the original letter of the Italian citizen, Romano Gobbo, addressed to our embassy in Rome, by means of which he announces that he has prepared a will of his own to the address of his friend Enver Hoxha.
Our embassy informs us that this person is not recognized by it.
Tirana, on November 30, 1981 Reis Malile
Tomorrow you will read:
- The complete wealth testament that the Italian citizen, Romano Gobbo, left to Enver Hoxha!
- Who was Romano Gobbo, what connections did he have with Albania and why did he decide to leave his wealth to Enver Hoxha?!
- Why was the correspondence with archival documents not signed by Enver Hoxha, as was usually the case with any kind of official or unofficial document addressed to him?!
- Why has the correspondence between the Albanian embassy in Rome, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana and Enver Hoxha’s cabinet been cut off?!
- Could this correspondence have been continued by Enver Hoxha’s personal Political Disclosure (Insurance), which has existed for years on the basis of a Political Bureau platform and its building was in a secret villa, somewhere near Radio- Albanian television?!
- Who were the people who had directed Enver Hoxha’s personal Political Security for years until 1990?!
- What really was that wealth testament addressed to Enver Hoxha and was it kept secret by Nexhmije Hoxha?!
- The testimony of the former head of Intelligence near an Albanian embassy in the West, who shows that at the end of 1984, he was called to the Central Committee of the ALP in Tirana and S.L. ordered him to deal with the “Property Will” and keep it in the greatest secret?!
- How does the former head of Intelligence explain and argue the fact that: the senior official of the Central Committee of the ALP who ordered it, was not from the State Security, as was the practice in such cases, but he was in the sector of Foreign Relations in the Central Committee?!
- How does the former Chief of Intelligence comment on the fact that that order was not given to him in 1981, when the announcements came from the Albanian embassy in Rome about the property will addressed to Enver Hoxha, but only at the end of 1984, when Enver’s health had started to deteriorate significantly?!
- How did he and Zbulimi Politika start the investigations for the property will and how did they track down Romano Gabbo, after paying some sums in foreign currency from an agent of theirs originating from Kosovo?!
- The testimony of the former Chief of Intelligence, how Nexhmije Hoxha immediately after the death of Enver, accompanied by Sulo Gradeci, made a secret visit to Italy, which half of her family did not know about?!
- Who are the people who accompanied Nexhmije Hoxha on her secret visit to Italy, for which the former Chief of Intelligence also has photographs?!
- Why did Nexhmije Hoxha declare that visit to Italy for “health reasons”?!
- Why didn’t Nexhmije Hoxha go to France “for health reasons” where all the members of her family and those of the senior leadership usually went?!
- What is said in the official response of the Municipality of Trieste regarding the citizen Romano Gobbo, after the request made by Memorie.al?
- Why is Memorie.al publishing these documents for the first time exactly today when it was announced that Nexhmije Hoxha passed away?!/Memorie.al