Memorie.al publishes some archival documents extracted from the Central State Archive in Tirana (Fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP), which belong to 1970, where there is an information report with the secret bulletin compiled by the chairman of The 5th Branch of the State Security in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Kapllan Sako, sent to the secretary of the Central Committee of the ALP, Hysni Kapo, (who covered in a party way the organs of the ‘Dictatorship of the Proletariat), where he informed about some of the most important events that took place throughout the 1970s in different districts of the country, where the State Security organs had discovered and hit some hostile groups, such as: that of Raif Elez and Bajram and Avdi Gjana in the district of Kukës, of Daut, Dervish and Izet Gumeni in the district of Tepelena, of Kujtim and Durim Veledi in Tirana, that of Dhimitër and Sofokli Heqimi, Gjergji Moles, Sami Gjyzeli and Shaqir Vorpsi in Tirana, of Edmond Naumi, Ilija Stojani and Kastriot Peçi that would flee to Greece from the districts of Korça, Haxhire and Zyber Zhegu, Mustafa Kallçiu, Lumturi Kaçini, who were convicted of gold smuggling, as well as the return to Yugoslavia of 12 Kosovar citizens who had come illegally to Albania, or the extradition of three Greek citizens, Paskal Nikola Sokolakis and Jorgo Dhimitër Jogridhis, who at their request were deported to West Germany.
Throughout the period of Enver Hoxha’s communist regime, from 1945 until 1990, when the Student Movement and the creation of the Democratic Party began, which preceded the events that would later lead to the overthrow of that regime, in depending on the conjunctures and political events that took place in the country and mainly in the international arena, the State Security under the leadership of the ALP, undertook “revelations”, arrests and strikes of “hostile groups”, which in most cases almost stunted themselves, presenting them as quite dangerous. And as a result, they have been sentenced to executions, long years in prison and hundreds of hundreds of people interned.
In this context, for almost four decades, so-called “hostile groups” have been “discovered” and hit, such as: “The group of enemies of the people” in 1945 who were convicted by the Special Court, the “Group of Sabotagers of the Maliqi Swamp ”and“ The Group of Deputies, in 1946-’47 ”,“ The Group of Abedin Shehu, Shyqëri Kellëzit and Hamit Keçi ”, in 1950,“ The Group of Dali Ndreu, Liri Gega and Petro Bullati ”, as and “Tirana Conference Group” in 1956 (with Iljaz Ahmeti, Vehip Demi, Vandush Vincani, etc.), “Teme Sejko Group in 1960”, “Stavri and Thoma Rafaeli Group”. in 1963 (which also included Trifon Xhagjika, Robert Vulkani, etc.), the “Military Group” that opposed the abolition of ranks in the Army in 1967 (with Major General Halim Xhelon, Colonel, Dilaver Radëshi, etc.), ” The 11th Song Festival of Radio-Television ”in 1972 (with Mihallaq Luarasi, Edi Luarasi, Minush Jeron, Justina Aliaj, Bujar Kapexhiu, etc.),“ Todi Lubonja and Fadil Paçrami Group ”in Art-Culture in 1974, “Coup group in the Army” in 1974, (with Beqir Balluku, Petrit Dumen, Hito Çako, etc.), “Group of the Ministry of Education” in 1974-’75, with (Thoma Deljana, Mantho Bala , Hasan Duma), etc., “Baldushk Cow Group” in 1975 (Ndue Marashi, Rifat Daja, Agim Akçani, etc.), “Sabotage Group in Economy” in 1975-’76, (with Abdyl Këllezin, Koço Theodhosin, Kiço Ngjela, Vasil Katin, etc.), “Oil Group” in 1976-’77 (with Koço Plaku, Lipe Nashi, Milto Gjikopulli, etc.), “Group of Edip Ohrid, Sabri Pilkat, Ali Kubati” etc.), in 1980, “Mehme Group t Shehu, Kadri Hazbiu, Feçorr Shehu ”, etc., in 1981-’82,” Group of Kosovars “in 1982 (Namik Luca, Selim Kelmendi, Estref Kelmendi, etc.), to be completed in 1986 -’87, with “Medi Çelik Group, Bujar Jazexhiu”, etc.
All this was done in order for the events or political conjunctures that took place mainly in the international arena and in Albania, to be prevented and not to have the slightest impact on others. In this context, arrests, beatings and convictions were made in the 1970s, with the so-called “Kukës terrorist group” (with Raif Elez, Avdi and Bajram Gjana, etc.) and the “Tepelena Group” (with Dervish, Izet and Daut Gumenin, etc.), which are also mentioned in this archival document that we are publishing below in this article, where the former chairman of the V Branch of the State Security, Kapllan Sako, through of a “Top Secret” bulletin, informs the senior leadership of the ALP and personally Hysni Kapon, about the revelations, arrests and convictions that were made in 1970.
Information report with the logo “secret”, of the chairman of the V Branch of the State Security at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Kapllan Sako, sent to the secretary of the Central Committee of the ALP, Hysni Kapo
THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA SECRET
MINISTRY OF INTERNAL EXAMPLE Nr. 1
FIRST DIRECTORY Tirana on 12.6.1970
Bulletin No. 1
– In December 1969, the investigation against the hostile group of Kukës district, which consisted of 11 defendants, was completed. In March 1970, the case was tried by the Kukës District Court, which in an open court session and with the participation of the working masses, unmasked their hostile activity, sentencing the defendants: Raif Elezi to 15 years in prison, Bajram Gjana to 13 years, Avdi Gjana with 9 years, while others with short prison terms. The trial fully proved that the defendants, in cooperation with each other, had carried out agitation and propaganda against the popular power, discussing the organization of an armed uprising in the district of Kukes, were prepared to commit acts of terror against the Party and State Leadership carried firearms and explosives.
– In this process were involved 27 persons against whom, in parallel with the investigation, after differentiation, counseling, questioning as witnesses, unmasking and other operative measures.
– In April 1970, the People’s Court of Tepelena District sentenced the defendant Izet Gumeni from Gusmar village to 25 years in prison, because in December 1945, in cooperation with the criminal gang Lahe Nuro, Izet Vrazhdo and Ahmet Kuka, they received part in committing the act of terror by killing the Secretary of the Kurvelesh Party, Selman Lamen.
– The same court sentenced to 15 and 8 years of imprisonment, the other defendants, Dervish and Daut Gumeni who in cooperation with the defendant Izet, carried out agitation and propaganda against the popular power and that they had not shown the act of terror committed by this the latter, of which they had been made aware long ago.
– One of the witnesses in the indictment for the act of terror committed by the defendant Izet Gumeni, was the repatriated Mustafa Korocka, who was also sentenced by the Vlora District Court to 25 years in prison for treason and murder that had committed in 1948 at the time of his escape.
– In March 1970, a group of five people consisting of Dhimitër Heqimi, Sofokli Heqimi, Gjergji Mole, Sami Gjyzeli and Shaqir Vorpsi.
– Dhimitër Heqimi, Gjergji Mole and Shaqir Vorpsi who were the most important in this group, were sentenced to 8, 10, and 9 years, while the others with shorter terms of deprivation of liberty.
– Of the 25 persons implicated in this process for various crimes, given the political composition of each and the degree of compromise in the crime, some were questioned as witnesses, while others received counseling, unmasking and measures of other operating.
– In April 1970, were sentenced by the People’s Court of the district of Tirana, for misappropriation of socialist property in large proportions, of smuggling and violation of provisions related to the operations of currency and gold, the group of 13 composed of Haxhire and Zyber Zhegu, Mustafa Kallçiu, Lumturi Kaçini etc.
– Mustafa Kallçiu, Haxhire Zhegu and Lumturi Kaçini, who were also the leaders in this group, were sentenced to 15, 11 and 9 years of imprisonment, respectively, while the others were sentenced to shorter prison terms.
– The trial of the defendants took place in N.T.L.F.Z. Tirana, where they had committed the crimes and the conduct of the trial played a very educational role with the masses.
– In terms of 20 people implicated in this process for various crimes, counseling, unmasking and other operative measures were taken.
– The defendants, Kujtim and Durim Veledi who in cooperation with each other developed agitation and propaganda also in the form of conversations about fleeing abroad and the desire to commit acts of terror in the direction of the Party and state leadership as well as the weapon they carried without permission, were tried and sentenced to 10 and 3 years in prison respectively.
– Recently completed the investigation against the defendants, Pashko and Gjin Mrruku, first cousins from the district of Mirdita. The defendants are accused that in 1951, in cooperation with each other for weak motives and under the influence of their uncle, the criminal Marka Doda, who fled abroad, killed ………. defendants Pashko, ……… ..in Mat district.
– On May 30, 1970, the bodies of internal affairs of the district of Korça, caught in flagrante delicto trying to escape abroad in Greece, 18-year-olds, Edmond Naumi, Ilija Stojani and Kastriot Peçi, all three of the city of Tirana.
– Investigations against the defendants continue in order to discover the reasons that led this young man to commit this crime.
– The convict, Niko Pandi Sholla, who on May 21, 1970 was able to escape from the Bulqiza re-education camp, on May 29, 1970, after being severely wounded in both legs by the people and the forces that had been put in pursuit of him, were caught by them in the Suç sector of Mat district and was hospitalized for treatment.
– During the second quarter of 1970, with the sanction of the General Prosecutor’s Office, in different districts, for the crime of agitation and propaganda against the popular power, a total of 16 people were arrested, of which 6 are rich and kulaks. Among these is the kulak Petrit Allamani from the district of Mat, who in the current depositions for the crime of agitation and propaganda, implicates about 15 people with bad composition and kulak.
– In parallel in the investigation in terms of these implications, the necessary measures have been taken for verification.
– During this 5-month period, through the commission of border incidents, 12 Kosovars who came to our country illegally returned to Yugoslavia under the pretext of continuing their education. We emphasize that a clear and convincing (non-operational) return work has been done with them, and as a result, they have had no objection to returning to Yugoslavia.
– Also on May 26, 1970, our bodies, at their request, and since they presented suspicions, took out of the state border, sending to West Germany, the Greek citizen, Paskal Nikola Sokolaqis and Jorgo Dhimitër Jogridhis./Memorie.al
CHAIRMAN OF THE V-BRANCH