Memorie.al publishes some archival documents issued by the Central State Archive in Tirana (fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP), which bear the logo “Top secret” and belong to the year 1982, where there are several information reports of the member of the Politburo, Spiro Koleka, sent to the Central Committee of the ALP, regarding the meetings of the committees of the Party of Pogradec and Korça, where he had participated as a delegate of the Central Committee. What was discussed in those meetings where Enver Hoxha’s letter was analyzed for “enemies and traitors, Mehmet Shehu, Kadri Hazbiu, Feçor Shehu, etc.”
Just a few weeks after the events of December 18, 1982, when Prime Minister Mehmet Shehu was found dead in his bedroom by a pistol bullet in very mysterious circumstances which even today after 40 years are still being discussed, with by order of the Central Committee of the ALP, in all the basic organizations of the Party throughout the country, numerous meetings were held and held, where it was discussed; “In the spirit of the speech of comrade Enver Hoxha, on the ‘Synoptic Table’ for the enemy and polyagent Mehmet Shehu” ?! In all these meetings, among others, as it is known from a number of documents with the logo “Top secret”, found in the Central State Archive, the Archive of the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Defense, many participants and discussants who took the floor there, made all kinds of accusations, true and false, denunciations, spies, slander, fabrications, gossip, intrigue, fabrication and everything that suited them, all in the direction and against the former the late Prime Minister, Mehmet Shehu, his family and those who were considered their collaborators, mentioning by dozens of names, military, senior officials, etc. etc. Likewise, these meetings intensified greatly, especially after October 1982, when the Minister of Defense, Kadri Hazbiu, was arrested (who had held the delicate post of Minister of Interior for almost three decades), where he was also arreste, the same picture was repeated, as with former Prime Minister Mehmet Shehu.
And after the holding of these meetings, the party committees of the respective districts, have drafted a series of reports with summaries of the “main problems”, which were then sent to the Central Committee of the ALP. For all these meetings, Memorie.al, has a large number of documents extracted from a voluminous file with the initials “Top secret” (already declassified) where former members of the Politburo, secretaries of the Central Committee of the time, like Spiro Koleka, Enver Halili, Vangjel Çerrava, etc., etc., inform the Central Committee about the meetings where they participated, giving in detail everything that was said and discussed there.
In addition to these reports, the file in question also contains a series of reports compiled by lower-ranking officials from the Central Committee onwards, or collegial reports of the Branches of Internal Affairs in the districts, headquarters, commands and committees. of the party of Military Corps, which were also the largest units that the Albanian Army had at that time.
From this voluminous file, in today’s issue we are publishing the report-information of the former member of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the ALP, Spiro Koleka, sent to the Central Committee, regarding the party asset of the district of Pogradec, where he received part as delegate, September 25, 1982.
“Top secret” information report of Spiro Kolekë for the Central Committee of the ALP
ALBANIAN LABOR PARTY Secret
DISTRICT PARTY COMMITTEE Ex. Nr. 1
Nr. 675 Pogradec, on 28.9.1982
Subject: Information “On the drafting of the decision of the Plenum of K.Q. of the ALP”
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF ALP ALBANIA
On September 25, 1982, according to the instructions of the Central Committee of the ALP, the assets of the district party were held, where the decision of the 4th Plenum of K.Q. of the Party and the speech of comrade Enver “Synoptic picture of the agent activity of the enemy Mehmet Shehu”.
The Party activist in the district fully showed solidarity with the materials of this Plenum and with deep indignation and hatred condemned the agent and conspiratorial activity of the enemy Mehmet Shehu and his collaborators.
A resolution addressed to the Central Committee of the ALP was expressed by the communist activists, expressing the boundless love for our falconer party and our dear leader, Comrade Enver Hoxha, who bravely and cleverly discovered and condemned the agent activity of the enemy Mehmet Shehu and his criminal gang.
On September 26 and 27, 1982, the materials of the 4th Plenum of the Central Committee of the Party were prepared in all the basic organizations of the district party, where delegates of the district Party Committee were assisted. 41 letters and resolutions were sent from the party-based organizations to the Central Committee of the Party, and to the Party Committee of the district.
In all the basic organizations of the Party, the Communists unanimously showed solidarity with the decision of the Central Committee of the Party and the speech of Comrade Enver in this Plenum. Everywhere was shown the ardent love for the Party, its Central Committee with comrade Enver Hoxha at the helm, the unwavering belief in the bright leadership of the party on the glorious path of socialism.
“I am very happy – said among others a communist – that I am a member of the ALP and a soldier of Comrade Enver. “After hearing the speech, I was filled with joy and pride that we have a leading party like Comrade Enver, who always walks the bright path of socialism with revolutionary vigilance and unwavering justice against Marxism-Leninism.” Another communist says: “We are very lucky to have Comrade Enver Hoxha at the helm. “We will not spare anything for the Party and Comrade Enver and we will be with him for life.”
A communist, a mother of many children, was shocked and started to cry when she heard that agent Mehmet Shehu intended to exterminate bandit agent Mehmet Shehu. Such expressions and attitudes that show the deep love for the Party and Comrade Enver have been had by many communists.
Both from the Party active in the district, as well as from the basic organizations of the Party, it is proposed to the Central Committee of the Party, that for outstanding and great revolutionary merits, comrade Enver be given once again the title “People’s Hero”, or another higher.
The activist and all the communists of our district strongly condemned the agent activity of the monstrous enemy Mehmet Shehu and the hated conspirators, his collaborators. An elderly communist, speaking with hatred of the traitor and treacherous criminal Mehmet Shehu, said: “Let the bread that this sworn enemy of the Party has eaten from the people be haram.”
It has been proposed by the basic organizations of the party that the sword of our popular justice be struck on the conspiratorial collaborators of Mehmet Shehu and his lackeys, giving the most severe punishments.
Everywhere, the communists vowed to study and delve deeper into the Party documents and the works of Comrade Enver, to wage a class struggle, and to seriously appreciate any negative phenomena, to always be at the forefront of work and war. for the realization and overcoming of tasks, they will fight and work tirelessly for the further strengthening and steeling of the Party-People unity, they will be constantly determined revolutionaries determined to defend the Party line.
During the speech of Comrade Enver in the 4th plenum of the Central Committee of the Party, in some basic party organizations the following questions were raised which were clarified:
- How did the enemy Mehmet Shehu make members of his family collaborators?
- How would he accomplish the liquidation of Comrade Enver through poisoning?
- Llambi Ziçishti and others where are they now?
- For what work did Fiqret Shehu go to France when he received the poison? Was this accompanied by embassy staff?
- What will be done to get acquainted with these materials?
- Did the party know this and did it have doubts about them as enemies?
- Why was Feçor Shehu appointed Minister of Internal Affairs?
- What damage has this hostile group done to the economy?
- When did Ivanov come here?
- Did the party know since the arrest of Beqir Balluku’s group that Mehmet Shehu was connected to him?
- How did Mehmet Shehu secure the radio?
- Where did Llambi Peçini work?
The following questions were also asked, which need full clarification:
- How will Nako Spiro be considered?
- How did the enemy Fiqrete Shehu behave with the cadres of the party school?
- Comrade Kadri Hazbiu falls into a tribe with the enemy Mehmet Shehu?
- What is the connection between Mehmet Shehu and Feçor Shehu?
- Did the Party have any doubts at the time when Nexhip Vinçani insisted that the enemy Mehmet Shehu return to the army?
- Did this agent group influence the untimely death of comrades Hysni Kapo and Gogo Nushi?
- Have foreign countries made other comments on Mehmet Shehu’s suicide?
- Have other hostile groups deposited anything for Mehmet Shehu?
- How is it possible that Avni Vërçuni came to Pogradec as chairman of the Executive Committee of k.p. of the district after the Tirana Conference in 1956, when he had taken party measures to participate in this event?
In the basic organization of the Border Headquarters was set up:
- To remove the responsibility of comrades Kadri Hazbiu, Raqi Iftica and Rexhep Kolli, as employees of the Ministry of Interior, who have worked for a long time in this Ministry?
- Even after the sentencing of Mehmet Shehu, comrade Raqi Iftica has shown arrogance and “unity” in giving orders. He said: “I will take you to the Minister, to see who will win, etc., or gather your friends and give you a brother to perform the duties.”
The basic organization of the Security Party in the Internal Affairs Branch raised the following problems:
- Enemy Feçorr Shehu, Llambi Peçini and Elham Gjika, in a case a year ago, when the Pogradec Branch of Internal Affairs caught 4 border trespassers and the verification showed that they were from Vlora and tended to escape, by order of these enemies were set free, saying they were advised.
- Opinions were given by the basic organization of the party that the criticism should be deepened and the responsibility of the deputy ministers of Internal Affairs who were working near the activity of the enemy Feçorr Shehu should be removed.
- It was raised that in the investigative file of the agent Marko Koli Laçka from the city of Pogradec, currently re-convicted by the district court of Kruja, and serving his sentence in ward 313 Tirana, it turns out that he has deposited…?! /Memorie.al