Memorie.al/ publishes some archival documents issued by the institution of the Authority for Information of Former State Security Files, where there is a voluminous file belonging to Tuk Jakova, who since the period of Zog Monarchy, was one of the leaders of the Communist Group of Shkodra, sentenced to political prison in the famous trial of 1938, together with Qemal Stafa and Vasil Shanton, participant in the founding meeting of the Albanian Communist Party and member of its Central Provisional Committee, since the founding meeting of November 8, 1941, political commissar of the First Assault Brigade and the First Corps of the National Liberation Army, where from the end of the War, in November 1944 until 1955, he held several senior party and state functions and duties. , as: member of the Politburo and secretary of the Central Committee of the Albanian Communist Party, full ambassador of the People’s Republic of Albania in Belgrade, President of the Trade Unions of Albania, Minister of Finance and Deputy Prime Minister of the Albanian government, headed by Enver Hoxha, etc. The entire voluminous file (forms and investigative) that is published for the first time by Memorie.al., Where there are hundreds of unknown documents, in charge of the former lieutenant general Tuk Jakova, (“People’s Hero”), which belong to the period 1951-1959, when he, after numerous contradictions with Enver Hoxha since the end of the war, in 1951 was expelled as a member of the Politburo and in 1955, he was expelled from the Central Committee of PPSh, being dismissed from all party and state functions, which he had held until then, was interned with his family in the district of Berat, where after working for some time as head of the Carpentry Department in that city, in 1957 was sentenced to solitary confinement in Kanina Castle, Vlora district, where he was arrested in 1958, sentenced to 20 years in prison, accused of being a “traitor and enemy of the people”, until he died in the Prison Hospital. of Tirana in 1959, in mysterious circumstances! What is said in the secret documents (reports, photographs, cards, forms, reports-information, notes, minutes, surveillance reports, plans-measures, denunciation letters, etc.) belonging to the period 1955-1959, when he was in constant surveillance and surveillance by the State Security bodies, who were the officers of the bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, who were in charge of his surveillance and the names and nicknames of the Security collaborators, who kept him under strict control ?!
Continued from the previous issue
Report-information of the State Security Operational Worker, Raqi Zavalani, with the data of the Security collaborator with the nickname “Vigilant”, regarding the pursuit and surveillance of Tuk Jakova and Hulusi Spahiu in the district of Vlora, where they were interned
Received from P.Op. Raqi Zavalani
Given by B.p. “Vigilant”
Vlora, on 21.10.1957
I N F O R M A T I O N
According to the instructions given to me, he adhered to these, at first gaining the immediate trust of Tuk Jakova, who from the first days trusted me and started talking to me. While Hulusi Spahiu, in the first days was quite reserved and suspicious about my going to them, but like my attitude and especially the good and trustworthy attitude of Tuk Jakova towards me, Hulusi finally trusted me that I was theirs , expressing himself to me in this way: “At first I remembered that you had to come to us on purpose, that these (Security), pay everything just to bring agency to us.” Since my going there and until now, in general, both from Tuku and Hulusi, the following talks have taken place, which have also been approved by me:
Speaking about Comrade Enver Hoxha, like Tuku and Hulusiu, they say: “Enver did not fight, he did not see the war, he stayed closed, with the merchant Xhevdet Selfo, etc. The backstage of Berat was nothing but created by Enver Hoxha. He acted as he pleased and put Koci Xoxen and Liri Gega in a fight for the second place.
– In Berat, the Yugoslavs did not intervene and if they wanted, they did. Likewise in the VIII Plenum there was no intervention by the Yugoslavs. Enver was not isolated and all the murders and crimes that were committed at that time were done with Enver’s knowledge. Enver supported all the actions of Koci Xoxes. “Nako Spiro was killed because he was imposed by Enver, Enver did not fight and now he is standing with a racket”.
– Tuka Jakova, speaking about the leader of the Party, says: “Enver Hoxha dominates in the Bureau. Enver systematically criticizes the members of the Bureau and they, in order to defend their positions, do not criticize Enver. “Spiro Koleka is a bureaucrat, while Pilo Peristeri knows nothing.”
– While Tuku previously attacked Comrade Enver and Comrade Mehmet, he has recently come to the conclusion that; with none of the leadership can work. The whole Bureau needs to be vacuumed to rectify the situation. The crimes they committed cannot be forgiven. Other new people have to be put in the leadership; you cannot work in any way with Enver Hoxha. The Party leadership was corrupted by being surrounded in blocks and better. A very serious situation has been created around them.
Regarding socialist legality, both Tuku and Hulusiu say: “We have had and there are violations of legality. Sali Ormëni did not kill himself, but “these” killed him. The shooting of Liri Gega and Dali Ndreu is not fair; they judged them behind closed doors because they had done nothing. Pajo Islam was sentenced to 25 years in vain, Zija Dibra to 10 years in vain. “Dhora Leka – says Tuk Jakova, – although she was an accomplice of the Yugoslavs, many sentenced her to 25 years”.
– Both Tuku and Hulusiu, predict the change of the situation in Albania and the reconsideration of their issue. According to them, they expect change with the intervention of the Soviet Union and the improvement of relations with Yugoslavia, because the Yugoslav leadership will never agree to cooperate with “them”. In case of change, says Tuk Jakova, Enver will maneuver again. It means that; Mehmet Shehu and Liri Belishova have prevented me from improving relations with Yugoslavia, so in order to save myself, I will sacrifice them.
– Enver, says Hulusiu, will still remain in the leadership, because the Soviets love him, so do the people. But this will be allowed because there is no way to make all the changes right away. Hulusia goes on to say that; “If Mehmet Shehu and Liri Belishova are removed, Beqir Balluku will be appointed prime minister, because Beqiri is not tainted with Mehmet’s mistakes”.
Regarding the anti-party group: “Malenkov, Kaganovic, Molotov”, Tuk Jakova says: “We also have dogmatism in the leadership. Our leadership will not fall. “They are constantly looking to lead the old.”
Speaking about comrade Mehmet and comrade Liri, Tuku says: “Mehmet Shehu is very extremist and careerist. Liri Belishova is a talkative, feudal lord, who expelled Mita Jakova from the Party, as if to expel her from her feud.
Regarding Comrade Enver’s article on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the October Socialist Revolution, Tuku says: “They made the article that Zhukov is coming. These are very old. With the article they put a patch on all their wrong activity. “Enver’s article was made to show Zhukov that this is our position.”
– Speaking about the Yugoslav leaders, Hulusi Spahiu speaks proudly about them and says that; they are men of war, who have also fought heroically in Spain.
– Regarding Panajot Plaku, Tuk Jakova says: “Panajot Plaku did well to leave. If he did not leave and he would suffer like us, even worse. The escape of Panajot Plaku, knocked down “these” a lot, because he knew everything. Panajot Plaku hit them hard with his escape, especially the help of the Soviet Union and the economic victories they advertised.
– Mita told me that; Panajot Plaku has fled to America. The measure of isolated internment came to me that the party leadership thought I should not escape like Panayot. If I loved you and I love you, even now we escape. On a dark, rainy, stormy night, the sea up to the belt is up and running. “My isolation came as a result of the letter I sent to the Central Committee, who abused my sincerity.”
Speaking about Dhora Lekë, Tuk Jakova says: “I connected with the Yugoslavs, through Dhora Lekë, while Mita, got in direct contact with Cveton. The Yugoslavs tried to meet them, to cooperate with them, but I did not want to submit to them. Dhora Leka took materials from Bedri and gave them to the Yugoslavs. “Dhora also asked Franos for the materials of the XI Plenum and he found them and gave them to him. Dhora handed them over to the Yugoslavs.”
– Tuk Jakova, talking about Xhafer Vokshi, says: “Xhaferi came and met me in Berat on the eve of the Tirana Conference and told me to write a letter to the Conference, but I did not accept, I told him that if the Conference wants me, calls me, I will say my word too”.
– Tuku says that in the Plenum of the Central Committee of 1955, it was decided that I would be convened in the Central Committee. This was said by George Robo, who works in the Central Committee apparatus at Van Hila’s house, and his wife told Mita.
– Hulusiu told us that his wife had told him that; Tahir Kadareja, had recently met Fuat Asqeriu and asked him where Hulusi is. When Fuati told him that they had taken him, Tahiri asked him; why did they take him, did he not say anything, or drink, Fuati told him; do not know and separated. Hulusiu says that together with Tahir Kadare, we have ironized the Party’s decision for the 15-year plan of olives and bees. We have said what these decisions are on paper; the people want to eat today!
– Regarding the Army, Hulusiu says that; the army is with us, because there are War comrades, old comrades. An Organization-Mobilization officer of the Ministry of Defense, whom I met when I was in Tirana, where my old man died, told me that; The Ministry of Interior has more forces than the Army.
– Hulusiu says that Kadri Hazbiu painted his hands with blood, I told him this in his eyes as well.
– When the three of us went to Vlora together to visit the doctor, when we returned, Hulusia said that; during the day, they may have put the eavesdropping technique on us here as well. Tuku said I discovered the technique in my home, from a noise I started hearing.
– Hulusiu regarding Sejfulla Malëshova, says that; the measure taken against him, has been extremist and after ten years, they still left him like that. According to Mao Zedong, Sejfullai was right about his views, while they still called him an enemy./Memorie.al
Vlora, on 21.11.1957 “Vigilant”
The next issue follows