Memorie.al publishes some archival documents with the initials “Secret” issued by the Central State Archive in Tirana (Fund of the former Central Committee of the ALP), which belong to 1975, where the then Minister of Internal Affairs , Kadri Hazbiu, through an information report sent to the Central Committee of the ALP and personally to the Secretary of the Central Committee Ramiz Alia, was informed about some worrying problems that had occurred by the staff of foreign diplomatic and trade missions accredited in the People’s Republic of Albania, which had to do with their clothing, such as: cowboy pants, with miniskirts, appearance, long hair and favorites, as well as inappropriate behavior and intimate relationships in bars, parks, parks of public places of some of them, which had disturbed the whole public opinion.
According to the report of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the most problematic in this regard were: Jarmilla Mikloshkova of the Czech Embassy, Lavzek Lampark and Paulina Tomska of the Polish Embassy, Meleke Ylker, Xhemal Asllani and Nexhat Kaja of the Turkish Embassy, Michele Insenzja Kod, Insija and Kodispi Gino Muçilli of the Italian embassy, Jurgen Tanzar, Juta Vaizing, Barbara Platecek and Korala Golke of the German embassy, Maria Nagy of the Hungarian embassy, the Greek ambassador, Dimitris Franxezkakis and the clerk of the same embassy, Joanis, Tsumitas, etc.
The full report-information of Minister Kadri Hazbiu, sent to Ramiz Alia, where “to prevent the spread of foreign bourgeois revisionist fashion in Albania and foreign performances that were contrary to our socialist morality”, proposes to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that all our representations in capitalist-revisionist countries, not to issue entry visas to the People’s Republic of Albania, foreign nationals who had inappropriate clothing and appearance, as well as the opening of barbershops and locker rooms at Rinas airport and all Border Crossing Points throughout the country, in order to strip, shear and shave all foreigners, before entering Albania.
The secret document drafted by the Minister of Internal Affairs Kadri Hazbiu, sent to the Central Committee of the ALP and personally to the Secretary of the Central Committee, Ramiz Alia, regarding “the problem of the spread of foreign bourgeois-revisionist fashion by the staff of the representations of diplomatic loans in Tirana”!
THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA SECRET
MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS Copy no. 1
FIRST DIRECTORY Tirana, on 13.3.1975
Subject: On the dress, behavior, and appearance of the staff of foreign diplomatic and trade missions of capitalist-revisionist countries.
SECRETARY OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF THE ALP
SHOKUT RAMIA ALIA
T I R A N Ë
According to the instruction no. 479, dated 4 / V / 1973, foreigners are not allowed to enter the People’s Republic of Albania, who with their dress and appearance, propagate the bourgeois-revisionist way of life.
Members of the diplomatic corps, family members and relatives are excluded from this rule. This does not seem right to us, because, among them, there are people who negatively affect the education of our young man, but at the same time, arouse dissatisfaction among other foreigners, who often ask: “Why do not you follow the rules the same for all foreigners”?!
Diplomats and clerks of capitalist-revisionist countries are generally obsessed with fashion. Through them, there are many people who wear favorites and long hair, cowboy pants, miniskirts, as well as people who make gestures and inappropriate actions in the streets and bars and other public places. Thus e.g.
From the Czech embassy and trade representation, Jarmilla Mashkova, Milushe Kutova, Zlata Kostelcka, Zdeneka Vidskovska, Danushe Shtetkova and Jarmilla Mikloshkova, who wear miniskirts, cowboy pants, etc., have stood out the most.
Jarmilla Mashkova, has also had intimate relations in the car, in the parks and streets of the city of Tirana, in places visible to the public with the driver of the German embassy, Jurgen Tanzar, who has recently left our country.
Frantishka Kavbilova also made such inappropriate gestures and actions with the attaché of this embassy, Miroslav Pokorni, who also left our country.
From the Polish embassy and trade representation, Lavzek Lampark and Paulina Tomska have stood out the most, who are often seen kissing in the streets and in public places of the Hotel “Dajti”, especially with the employees of the Turkish embassy, Xhemal Asllani and Nexhat Kaja.
From the German embassy and trade representation, the most prominent are Juta Vaizing, Barbara Platecek, Korala Golke, who wear miniskirts and cowboy pants, while Johanin Vaizig, wears exaggerated favorites and long hair.
From the Hungarian embassy and trade representation, only Maria Nagy stands out, who wears a miniskirt and cowboy pants.
Of the representations of capitalist countries, the most negative are: Teresa Mucilli, (Italian) Meleke Ylker (Turkish), and Paula Karrie (French), who wear miniskirts and cowboy pants.
Extravagant clothes, miniskirts and cowboy pants are also worn by the employees of the Italian embassy, Michele Insonja, Vicenzo Kodispoti and Gino Muçilli, as well as the Greek ambassador, Dimitris Franxezkaqis and the employee of the same embassy, Ioannis, Tsumitas.
The employee of the Turkish embassy, Xhemal Asllani, makes inappropriate gestures and actions in bars and other public places with some women from the representations of revisionist countries, in some cases he has provoked our women by stopping them on the street or following them, he has given business cards, various gifts, etc.
He has quarreled several times with Albanian citizens, whom he has provoked himself. For this, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been asked to warn the Turkish embassy about its actions, but nothing has been done yet.
As can be seen, many diplomats and especially clerks of the embassies of the capitalist-revisionist countries accredited in the People’s Republic of Albania, with their dress, behavior and appearance, influence our citizens for the spread of fashion and the bourgeois and revisionist way of life.
To cut off these foreign influences, especially among young people, we propose that:
- Through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to be officially told to the foreign diplomatic and trade missions that are accredited in the People’s Republic of Albania, that: the extravagant clothes of some of their employees, the favorites and the long hair that they generally wear, as and improper gestures and actions in various streets, parks and public places, have fallen in the eyes of our social opinion, therefore take the necessary measures in this regard, because these are actions that are contrary to the ethics of our socialist morality.
- To order our representations abroad, not to give entry visas to foreigners who, by their dress and appearance, contradict the norms of our socialist morality.
- To facilitate the implementation of order no. 479, dated 4 / V / 1973, as well as in order not to leave misunderstandings and bad impressions on foreigners, I think that the following measures should be taken:
- All BCPs (Border Crossing Points) and especially that of Rinas which has a large dynamic entry-exit, to be equipped with barbershops and special locker rooms. At Rinas airport, foreigners are now stripped to the toilet, and the barber shop is unsuitable.
- The PKKK commander and the soldiers should not have direct contact with foreigners and ask them to shave, shave, or remove minis or maxis, because they reduce their prestige as military and the measures take on a police character.
This work should be handled by customs officials.
We say this because it is not enough to contact and reprimand a foreigner, but it is necessary to tactfully explain both the correctness and the reasons why these rules have been established in our country, and then follow the issue until it is done complete on-site correction. The border will not allow the violation of these rules.
- For the implementation of these rules, all institutions and various social organizations that have contacts with foreigners should be mobilized, therefore we are of the opinion that for this purpose, a special instruction should be issued by the Prime Minister, as instruction No. 479, dated 4 / 5/1973, is incomplete and assigns duties only to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
MINISTER OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
- For this material, we have also consulted with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Trade, the latter has only one remark, that the Customs officer should not have the duty to ask foreigners to shave and dress properly.
- Ramiz Alia’s appointment for the secretaries of the Central Committee and other senior officials of the Foreign Relations sector at the apparatus of the Central Committee of the ALP
Comrade Hysni, Haki and Petro. Then Comrade Agim Popa. The Foreign Ministry agrees to do so and has taken action.
March 14, 1973 Ramiz Alia
Note of Hysni Kapos on the document of Kadri Hazbiu
All these are issues that need to be discussed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and it should decide on a state way how to act. The Central Committee does not deal with the clothes and behavior of diplomats and their families. Memorie.al
3/15/1973 Hysni Kapo
Comrade Ramiz finally saw him.