Memorie.al publishes the top secret report of 1953, where the Minister of Internal Affairs, Lieutenant General Mehmet Shehu, sends to the Central Committee of the ALP and personally to Enver Hoxha, “on the agent and hostile activity” of the ten most senior officials senior of the Party Committee and the Executive of the Tropoja District, starting with the chairman Idriz Mulosmani and the heads of sections and some directors of enterprises. As well as the four soldiers of the Internal Affairs Branch of that district, who were accused of being UDB agents and with pronounced hostile activity. What are some of the accusations against them and the notes that Enver has put on each sheet with his hand?
Paranoia, submission, vandalism, servility and disgust to the “Soviet Father” of the great Soviet Union, after the break-up of Tito’s Yugoslavia in 1949, made Tirana the top communist leadership, not only to its political opponents, but even after every official of hers or the common man, to look at an enemy and agent of the UDB! This is also evident in this document titled “Top secret, of special importance” (written on the cover of the file), of 1953, where the then Minister of Internal Affairs, Lieutenant General Mehmet Shehu, reports in detail to his superior, Enver Hoxha, in an information entitled “ON SOME MEMBERS PARTIES IN THE DISTRICT OF BAJRAM CURRI WHICH ARE IMPLIED WITH THE ENEMY”.
As we will see in the document in question, the accusations and suspicions against 10 officials and senior officials of the Party Committee and the Executive of the Tropoja District, on which the Minister of Interior, Mehmet Shehu, or even the senior chiefs of The security, his subordinates, who served that report, were not only taken by those arrested under torture, but are as ridiculous as they are monstrous for the very laws of that time.
For example. “… Fam’s family and his there are family… have a bad political attitude”. “He… must be an agent, as long as he is a friend of so-and-so…”, etc., banal accusations, which led to being sentenced to long years in prison and internment with dozens of highly respected families in the Tropoja district, (in this case), as well as nationwide. We are publishing the document in question on Memorie.al, trying to shed some light on how that paranoid system worked, or more precisely, the very top of the dome of that regime, where Enver wrote with his hand on the report came from Mehmet Shehu.
THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA
MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
TIRANA STATE INSURANCE DIRECTORATE, on 4.IX.1953
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF ALP TIRANA ON SOME BAJRAM CURRI DISTRICT PARTY MEMBERS IMPLIED WITH THE ENEMY
The security organs of Tropoja district have data, which show that some members of the Party, among whom and among those who have different responsibilities in the Party and in power, are implicated with the enemy. These data were obtained from the agency or were revealed in the investigation conducted during this year against some UDB agents such as Coll Sokoli, Xhem Sadrija etc.
These party members and the information we have about them are as follows:
- Halit Memija – Member of the Bureau of the Party Committee and head of the Party Organs of the Committee Committee, from the village of Mejdan in the district of B. Curri, rich class. In his minutes, the UDB agent, Coll Sokoli, states that in the meetings he had with the gang leader Tahir Hoxha, who today is in the service of the UDB, and is sent to our country as a saboteur, the latter He said that in 1945, when he was moving as a fugitive on this side (Tropojë-Kukës), he was assisted by Halit Memija, at that time he was a captain with the People’s Defense Forces, who were in pursuit of Tahir Hoxha. Coll Sokoli also testifies that in 1946, when Tahir Hoxha charged him with going to Kukës to take the post of Muharrem Bajraktari, he also told him to meet Halit Memi and order him to make a report on the Defense Forces of People, operating in Kukës and Peshkopi and send it to Tahir Hoxha. On the other hand, Coll Sokoli, testifies in 1952 in the meeting he had with the gang of Can Malë (sent to our country by UDB), the latter was interested in learning the residence of Halit Memisë. In addition to those deposited by UDB agent Coll Sokoli, it should be noted that in December 1946, Tahir Hoxha and his gang were surrounded in Halit Memia’s house, but escaped. This is a fact that proves the connections of Tahir Hoxha with Haliti’s family and at the same time with Haliti himself, because it cannot be understood that his family is connected with the saboteurs and Haliti has no knowledge, or no finger in the middle.
- Idriz Mulosmani – chairman of the Executive Committee of the B. Curri District, has a family circle and family, not good. His case is as follows: A farmer Sali Tahiri, (a villager from the villages of B.Curri District, currently a fugitive in Yugoslavia), meets with his friend Bajram Haxhija, a member of the Party Committee, and tells him that in a conversation he had had Saliu with a certain Mehmet Rama, agricultural technician of the District, the latter had told him that Idriz Mulosmani should have had ties with the UDB. Bajram Haxhija reports this information to both the Party Committee and the Tropoja Security. To clarify the issue, it was decided to call Mehmet Rama and ask the Security organs and so it was done. At first Mehmet Rama hesitated to tell in detail, then deposited as follows: At the end of 1951 or the beginning of 1952, he was summoned by Mustafa Avdullaj, (former head of the Agriculture Section in the Executive Committee, now imprisoned as a UDB agent) in his office and being alone, Mustafaj showed him a letter he sent to (Mustafa Avdullaj), Nik Sokoli. Through this letter, Nik Sokoli requested information from the “Comrade” of the Party, from the “Comrade” of the Government “and from the” Comrade “of the Army. According to the interpretation of Mehmet Rama, the “Comrade” of the Party was Zenel Bardhi, of the government, Mustafa Avdullaj himself and of the Army, Idriz Mulosmani, who at that time was the chairman of the Military Branch of the Tropoja District. This is what Mehmet Rama said, although he should know much more, because it goes without saying that he was a collaborator of Mustafa Avdullau, this meeting cannot be understood otherwise. Mustafa Avdullau, today is in prison as a UDB agent, he was asked about these, but he did not deposit anything and Mehmet Rama is being processed by the Tropoja Branch. Another source informs us that in a conversation he had with Mustafa Abdullah, the latter told him that the UDB had charged (Mustafa) to convince Idriz Mulosmani to cooperate with the UDB. As you can see, here we are in front of two paths: that Idriz Mulosmani has to do with UDB and on the other hand UDB is trying to do it for itself. This issue remains to be clarified: it is possible that Idrizi has had connections and still has them, and in order to disguise these connections, the UDB instructs its agents to open words, that allegedly she, (the UDB), tries to recruit him or it may be true the latter, i.e., that UDB tries to recruit Idriz Mulosmani or does all this to compromise him.
- Çel Shabani – chairman of the Party Committee and director of the Construction Company, a middle peasant, during the war he was a militia for a while, he married the daughter of the UDB agent, Hoxh Dusha, who died in prison. In his minutes, the UDB agent, Coll Sokoli deposits in the years 1945-1946, Çel Shabani met with the saboteur Tahir Hoxha and his gang and promised them that he would cooperate with them. Apart from this information, the Security organs do not have anything else for Çel Shabani.
- Zef Halili – head of the Agriculture Section in the Executive Committee, a middle peasant, was a soldier in the Fascist Militia, completed a three-year course in Italy for finance guard, during the war he was for a time Secretary of the Municipality. Named Mehmet Rama, (agricultural technician), who is mentioned in the part of the report where Idriz Mulosmani is talked about, when he was asked by the Security to show the reasons why he did not inform about what he knew and report about Mustafa Avdullaj and Idriz Mulosmani, he testified that he had reported to Zef Halili before, but the latter had told him not to deal with such things and not to tell anyone, that these belong to the Security and the latter should reveal them itself. We have nothing else for the above about Zef Halili.
- Zef Avdija – head of the Health Section in the Executive Committee, in 1939 graduated in Italy as a financial guard and served in this weapon until 1943. In September 1943 he participated in a meeting of the bayraktars of the district of Tropoja e Dukagjini, which took place in Plava (Yugoslavia) under the leadership of Xhafer Deva and at the beginning of 1944 became a partisan. Zef Avdija is in agency processing. For this we have agency data, which react that in the year 1945-1946 when he was the commander of a company with the Defense forces did not show interest in pursuing the bandit Nik Sokoli, but instead helped Nika, informed about the movements of the pursuing forces. In conversations he had with our agent about power, he told them that this power is taking everything from the people, and other words of this nature.
- Bajram Vidrica – Director of Collection in B.Curri District, middle peasant. In June last year, the saboteurs Can Mala, Sali Tahiri, etc. went to his house. The meeting he had with the saboteurs who had entered his house denounced him once by presenting that the saboteurs had entered his house against his will. In addition, Bajram Vidrica’s mother announced in June this year that in the meadow near her house she had spotted three saboteurs, who called her to go to them, but she refused. Although Bajram Vidrica has denounced these things himself, he is skeptical because: How is it possible for the saboteurs to go home with difficulty and do nothing? Why do these saboteurs wander around his house without work?!
- Shaban Haxhija – director of the Industrial Enterprise in the District. In his record, the UDB agent, Xhem Sadrija (in prison), among other things, states that in July 1951, when he met the saboteur Halil Mehmeti, the latter had given him a letter to Shaban Haxhina, ordered at the same time to tell Shaban to go to the place called Boka e T’planit to meet Halit Mehmeti.
- Shaban Rexhepi / director of the Consumer Cooperative and secretary of the Basic Organization in that facility. His two uncles, Sali and Nezir Meta, have fled to Yugoslavia and are being sent as saboteurs by the UDB. Both from the data of the agency, as well as from the investigation conducted against the agents of UDB, arrested during this year, it results that Shaban Rexhepi has kept and keeps in touch with his two saboteur uncles and performs the tasks that they charge. These data are in a large percentage confirmed by the Tropoja Branch, which has proposed his arrest. In order to decide on this issue, the chairman of the Branch was asked for a detailed report, where all the activity of Shaban Rexhepi is analyzed, so that based on him (the report), we can decide correctly on the measures that we will take.
- Ndue and Ded Gjeloshi – both brothers, middle villagers, are engaged in agriculture in the village of Selce in the Tropoja District. We have information from some agency sources that in 1951 they met with the saboteurs Ndue Noshi, Pal Çeka, etc., who sheltered and supplied them. Also, the same sources inform that Nduja and Deda keep in touch with enemy elements in the village and throw banners. These data are considered true. For the 10 members of the Party in question, the First Secretary of the District Committee of the B.Curri Party was once notified, while K.Q. was informed about Idriz Mulosmani. dated 23 / V / 1951. In addition to the data implicating the above Party Members, from the investigation conducted against UDB agents during this year in the Tropoja Branch have emerged other materials of this nature, which talk about the cooperation with the enemy of 4 Party members, employees of the Internal Affairs bodies of Tropoja District who are:
Marshall, Can Mala – head of the Secretariat and the Security File.
- Marshall, Jonuz Hetemi-Food (Background) referent.
- Kapter, Ram Dega – sentence enforcement officer (Police).
- Kapter, Zenel Xheli- Political worker of Nikaj Post (Police).
The materials in relation to the latter are unverified, but nevertheless we have taken the following measures:
- Marshall Can Mala have been transferred and made available to the Berat Branch.
- Captain Zenel Xheli has been made available to the city branch B. Curri and the other two on the occasion of the organization will be transferred from that district and one after the other will be released.
From the above data it is clear that: UDB conducts an extensive espionage activity in the District of Tropoja and its targets are the Party Committee, the Executive Committee and the Internal Branch. That UDB tries to compromise and later recruit responsible Party members in that district. Given that the Party members in question are generally cadres with responsibilities in the Party and in power, the data that has emerged about each of the agency or the investigator must be well analyzed and verified. But, since most of these materials are about old activities and it is necessary to direct the agency towards the members of the Party in question, we propose to put them in agency processing.
MINISTER OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS