Memorie.al publishes a file that was obtained some time ago by the institution of the Authority for the Information of Files of the former State Security, where the investigative, judicial and processing file of the citizen Kasëm Hoxha, originally from the village of Markat in Saranda and residing in the USA since 1985, when he was able to escape from Albania to Greece, after having suffered ten years in the Spaçi camp, convicted of “agitation and propaganda against popular power”. At the time of his arrest, on June 21, 1973, by the State Security bodies, of the Internal Affairs Branch of the Saranda district, some “compromising materials”, such as poems and tracts, were found in his house , where he called “for the overthrow of popular power”, etc. The file in charge of the citizen Kaso Hoxha, (now de-classified) begins with the processing, where the State Security bodies and the Department of Internal Affairs of the district of Saranda make every effort to find the author of the letter. with deep hostile content”, which was thrown in the center of Markat village (with residents of the Cham community), where after a long time, with the help of the Central Criminal Laboratory, near the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Tirana, it became possible, in order to clarify and identify that the writing on that letter was Kaso Hoxha’s, this also led to his arrest. The file in question continues with the investigative and judicial process against him, where he, after suffering ten years in Spaçi prison, in November 1982 returned to his native village, Markat, where from the first days, he was followed and monitored. by the bodies of the State Security, who had engaged not only some associates of the Security, but also his close family members, this forced Kaso, to escape arrest, to escape from Albania, crossing the state border, to the state neighbors, Greece. After some time staying in the Llavros Camp, he gained the status of a political asylum seeker, to go to the United States of America, where even there, he continued to be followed and monitored by the State Security bodies (Albanian Political Intelligence, which was camouflaged with his residency, near the Diplomatic Mission in the United Nations Organization) and some of its secret agents, until 1991, when the communist regime in Albania collapsed. Kaso Hoxha’s story became known after the publication of his book “Beautiful land, ugly people”, which he entrusted to Memorie.al in manuscript, it now comes through the documents of the State Security, (where they are, reports of collaborators of State Security, with their pseudonyms, letters, notes, information, relations, information reports, interceptions with operational techniques, etc., of State Security officers, investigators, officers of the Department of Internal Affairs, of the district of Saranda, etc., to the residency of Political Intelligence in the USA, and its agents there), which begin in 1973 and end in 1991, when his file was archived once and for all.
Continues from last issue
The secret document drawn up by the Operative Worker of the State Security, Novruz Haxhiu and the Head of the 1st Section, Halit Kardhashi, approved by the Deputy Head of the Department of Internal Affairs of the district of Saranda, Skënder Dhroso, on the plan of measures agentural-operational, for discovering the author of the anonymous letter “with hostile content”, found in the center of Markat village
Vice / Chairman of the Internal P. Branch Example No.___
SKANDER DHROSO Saranda, on 24.V.1972
MASSAGE AGENCY OPERATIONAL PLAN FOR DISCOVERING THE AUTHOR OF AN ANONYMOUS LETTER WITH HOSTILE CONTENT FOUND IN KATUNDIN MARKAT
On May 20, 1972, in the center of Markat town, citizen Haki Myrto found an anonymous letter with hostile content, which, among other things, calls for organizing against the government, insults the leadership of the Party and the State, etc.
In order to reach the discovery of the author of this letter and consequently of the hostile activity taking place in Markat village, where the hand of the Greek Intelligence may be hidden, we think of taking the following agentural-operative measures:
- The letter with hostile content is passed to the criminal expert, who will multiply it and parallel to this action:
- Determine in advance, the dialect of the author of the letter.
- The education and level of culture of the person who wrote the letter.
- What block is the anonymous letter from and other details that may help identify the author of the letter.
Performed by Novruz Haxhiu and Janul Pani until May 25, 1972. Checked by H. Kardhashi.
- Compile the report on the circumstances of the finding and the content of the anonymous letter and send it to the VIIIth Branch, the 1st Directorate.
- Since it appears from the content of the letter that there should be organized activity in favor of the Greek Discovery, the First Branch should be notified of this situation, sending a copy of the report to it as well.
Conducted by H. Kardhashi until 24.V.72, controlled by S. Dhroso
- Open the search folder for the author of the letter and compile the corresponding decision, collect and place in the folder all the materials collected so far, including the writings of the three children.
Performed Novruz Haxhiu, until 25.V.1972, controlled by Halit Kardhashi
- In order to create a clearer idea about the circumstances of finding the letter, contact will be made once again with the citizen Haki Myrto, who will be asked for details in this regard, to determine the persons who were in the center of the village at the time he went and found the letter.
- Given that Hakiu has also informed his father Fuat Myrto, who according to Hakiu, was in the center of the village at that time, to get in touch with them and after talking to him not to tell the other person about this issue, to ask about the people who were at that time in front of the club, in order to study these elements and make their scaling.
Performed by Halit Kardhashi and Novruz Haxhiu, until 5.VI.1972 controlled by S. Dhroso.
- To determine approximately the time that the letter was thrown, i.e., on the evening of the 19th, or on the morning of the 20th of May:
- During the meetings that will be organized with Haki and Fuat Myrton, as well as the head of the sector, Rexhep Rexhon, they will be asked for clarifications on whether the paper was wet at the time it was found, or in a normal state, if it is thrown on the evening of the 19th, the letter must surely have been softened by the dew that fell during the night.
- Given that on the evening of May 19, there was a film screening in Markat town, through the person who sold the tickets or other persons, we can determine as much as possible the persons who participated in the screening of the film, insisting in a special way on the processing and contingencies.
Conducted by Halit Kardhashi and N. Haxhiu, until 10.VI.1972, controlled by S. Dhroso.
- In order to determine the persons who moved around the sector’s offices on the evening of the 19th, or on the morning of the 20th of May, contact will be made with the guard of the sector, who is also a communist, as well as with the telephone operator who performs the duty of night duty.
- Let’s study the possibilities of organizing a conversation with the seller of the ____________________ club, which can help in identifying the people who came out early in the center of the village, during the dates noted above.
Headed by H. Kardhashi and N. Haxhiu until 10.VI.1972, controlled by S.____
- Get in touch with B.p. “Margaritari”, “Teli” and “Sokoli”, in Markat township, as well as “Vetëtima” in Ninat township, and during the meetings, among other tasks, to alert about the letter, which was found, but without exposing its contents, caused by the slogans that were written by the children in this village and addressed to the people who gave them, or to others, who can be suspected of being the authors of this letter.
- In the second phase, especially B.p. “Teli” and “Margaritari” will be given letters for recognition, as they have the opportunity to help identify the writing.
Performed by N.Haxhiu and H.Kardhashi, until 20.VI.1972, Kon. S. Dh.
- p. “Margaritari” who is a seller in the store of mixed articles in Markat village, will be asked to give us clarifications that there are small note pads for sale, the type of paper of these pads and possibly the persons who can have bought such. If such blocks are found, a piece will be taken to compare with the written paper.
Performed by N. Haxhiu, until 5.VI.1972, controlled by H. Kardhashi.
- From what appears in the paper, the dialect used by the author is Chameri, so the biggest possibilities are that he is local, from the ranks of the enemy element:
- All contingents from Markat, Ninat and Janjar townships, wherever they are located, should be taken out and recorded in a single list and studied one by one. During this study, the following issues should be taken into account: the dangerousness that the person presents, based on the biography and the data that we may have in the direction of each one, the type of hostile propaganda that may have developed, the arrest and the degree of culture that it has, etc.
- For the processing facilities or for those under operational control 2/B who are from Markat township, their materials should be studied, to see if there are similarities between the propaganda they may have developed against the government, with those expressions that appear on paper.
- To study the relations of hostile propaganda for the year 1972 and continuing for this year, in order to see if there are expressions similar to those of the anonymous letter and then, if there will be such, to find the person who developed it that through the materials available to operative workers.
Conducted by N. Haxhiu, until 10.VI.192, controlled by H. Karadhashi
- In order to be able to determine approximately the circle of people who wrote the anonymous letter, select some people in Markat, Ninat and Janjar township, who are familiar with the letter, in order to give an opinion about the person who may have written it the letter? These persons should be among those who, for the very task they perform in the villages, have contact with the villagers, such as: chief accountant, cashier, brigadier, etc.
Conducted by H. Kardhashi and N. Haxhiu, until 15.VI.1972, cont. S. Dhroso
- In order to discover the author of the letter through the comparison of writings, the following measures will be taken:
- We will look at the different written requests that may have been made in the village by different people and that may still be preserved, such as in Markat village, or Ninat and Janjar.
- To get in touch with the Chairman of the Konispoli Agricultural Cooperative, to study the possibilities of organizing any combination to get hold of as many manuscripts as possible, this can be done in different ways, giving orders to different sectors, to make requests in writing by members of the cooperative, for any specific problem, etc.
- Since almost the vast majority of people who participate as reservists, are included in Markat’s company, with the help of the friends of the Security Department 1099, to study the possibilities that exist to get their manuscripts from the chorister, under any pretext of justified.
Conducted by Halit Kardhashi and N. Haxhiu, until 20.VI.1972, controlled by S. Dhroso.
- In order to verify the persons who may have small blocks of notes in Markat, Ninat and Janjar townships, to talk with the Chairman of the Konispoli Cooperative, to study the possibilities of organizing a meeting especially in Markat township, where the participants will be instructed to take notes for the problem to be discussed. In this meeting, consider taking as many people as possible from our contingents.
Conducted by H. Kardhashi and N. Haxhiu, until 25.V.1972, cont. S. Dhrosos
- During the last week that the letter was found, Ylli Bilali, the son of the former Greek intelligence agent, Haxhi Bilali, went to Markat village and stayed for three or four days, while on May 19, Eqerem Ziguri went, yes na Markati, the son of the wife of Haxhi Bilal, the latter on Sunday, 21.V.1972, stayed in the center of the village, so there is a possibility that the authors of the letter could be the persons mentioned above. Regarding the above, through the Directorate of the Salt Mining Company, let’s hand over the manuscripts of Ylli Bilal and Eqerem Zigur, to make a comparison with the letter.
Headed by H. Kardhashi, N. Haxhiu and F. Llallo, until 10.V.1972 controlled by S. Dhroso.
- Given that on May 9, in Markat village, slogans with hostile content were found written on some stone slabs, which according to the verification were written by three elementary school girls, but which may have been postponed and on the other hand the possibility that the two cases are related to each other is not excluded. Regarding the above, it will be done in this way:
- Contact will be made again with the Principal of the school and the teachers who have these students, to charge you with the task of continuing the work with these students, to clarify to the end the reasons and circumstances in which the girls wrote these slogans.
- Although the parents of these children, in general, have a good attitude and we do not have any material, to organize conversations with them, order them to work with their children and give us the necessary clarifications about what has pushed them to written such slogans!
Headed by H. Kardhashi, N. Haxhiu, until 25.VI.1972, controlled by S. Dhroso.
- In order to reach the discovery of the author of the anonymous letter, let all Operative Workers of the Branch know about this letter, who ordered that in their daily work with the agency, they should take into account the hostile propaganda developed by the enemy element, if they want to have aspects of the nature contained in said letter, etc. Care should be taken especially in the area of Konispol and Karroqi, which are related to Markat village.
Performed by Operative Workers, subsequently, checked by Heads of Sections.
This plan will be analyzed on June 30 and depending on the situation that will be created, further measures will be taken. Memorie.al
Operative Worker First Section Head
Novruz Haxhiu Halit Kardhashi
The next issue follows