Memorie.al publishes the document of 1968 with the top secret logo of the Director of Political Intelligence, Jonuz Mersini, addressed to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Behar Shtylla, where, among other things, he informs him about the divisions and divergences of the Albanian political diaspora in the US, where The main leaders of the groups representing the National Front, Legality and the League of Prizren, were trying in every way to take over the leadership of the organization “Fire”
In the first part of this article published in yesterday’s issue, we were introduced to the report of the Directorate of Intelligence at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tirana, signed by Director Jonuz Mersini, sent to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Behar Shtylla, “on the subversive activity of Albanian political diaspora ”in the USA. In that report, among other things, the head of the Albanian intelligence informed his superiors in Tirana that the American CIA had organized four groups of Albanians from the anti-communist diaspora, preparing them for landing courses to land them in Albania. According to the report in question, the four groups were led by Nikoll Shkoza, Pal Biba, Mark Deçkaj and Marash Marku, who would land in the areas of Mirdita, Puka, Malësia e Shkodrës and Dukagjin, respectively. The landing of these leaders of the anti-communist movement in these areas was done because they had once lived there and knew quite well the terrain and population of those provinces. And based on this, they would find it easier to carry out their mission to control the situation for a possible landing in Albania, which remained as a plan only on paper …?!
follows from the previous number
- ON REACTIONAL IMMIGRATION AND COLONIES
From the latest data collected from various sources, the situation in reactionary emigration and Albanian colonies in the US is presented as follows;
- In the organization of “VATRES”: As a result of the path and open anti-Albanian activity that this organization has taken, in recent years in this organization have been introduced many elements from reactionary emigration. This mass of fugitives, of course, represents the different currents of the former treacherous organizations of our country or of those that under the guidance of enemy intelligence were created during their stay in emigration. Their participation in this organization aims that in addition to paralyzing and eliminating the little influence they exercise on some patriotic elements from economic emigration, it is the duty of each group to strengthen its position at the top of it and by taking it completely in hand. , to use its name as a symbol to collect all the reactionary and economic immigration and to use it for the purposes of American intelligence against our country.
It is for this reason that recently at the annual meeting of the organization “VATRA” that took place in Boston, two currents were highlighted that try to take over its presidency according to their interests.
- The leaders of the various reactionary groups representing the “Legality”, the “National Front”, and the “League of Prizren”, as we mentioned above, try with all their might to, despite the divergences between them, take full control. Vatrën” and around it to collect as much as possible all the economic and reactionary emigration, even in time and those who adhere to the organization “Free Albania”. Against these are placed some influential elements from economic emigration, who, seeing the danger posed by the takeover of this organization by reactionary immigration and the consequences it may have with its attitude towards Albania, are resisting with all the forces that are its leadership. to put an element of economic emigration, there is nothing that even though these are pro-American or his cadres, as is the case of the current president, Petër Çikozi, major reserve American intelligence. It seems, although this unverified, that in support of these is the FBI which through these better controls the activity of Albanian emigration to America.
We have had information for a long time that in the midst of this organization, a group of ballist “intellectuals” were trying to come up with an orientation of their own and be put in charge of it. And at the last meeting held in June in Boston, this group represented by Asim Jakova, Shefki Miraka, Agim Karagjozi, etc., most of the well-known CIA cadres, criticized the old leadership of “Vatra” and came out with these requirements;
- To make changes in the leadership of “Vatra” by putting an element capable of realizing in practice these orientations that are proposed. They proposed that Agim Karagjozi and the editor of “Diellit” Eduart Liçe be put in charge of “Vatra”.
- To continue the criticism against the regime in Albania, but at the same time to point out the successes and positive sides and not to use banal expressions that reduce the dignity of the organization.
- To give up the controversy and the war that “Vatra” is waging against the organization “Free Albania” and to pursue a policy of rapprochement and reconciliation with it.
- To give up the fight against the Albanian Episcopate in the USA and to accept Stefan Laska as Bishop.
The group did not achieve the goal, because the leadership of “Vatra” was aware of this in advance and prepared to face and defeat them, finally accusing them as “spies” of Tirana, in view of the program their “moderate”.
Given their requirements and the composition of the group, we conclude that their purpose was:
-Since in the organization of “Fire” for now, the strongest positions from the groups of fugitives have those “Legalists”, the group wanted to thus strengthen the influence of the “National Front” because most of them are that trend.
-If this program was approved, the cooperation between “Vatra” and the organization “Free Albania” would be gradually achieved, based on the propaganda against the Republic of Albania.
-In this way, in time, any border and any friction that now exists between reactionary emigration and the economic father would be eliminated.
-Criticizing “seriously” the policy of our government, but also popularizing the successes achieved by R.P. of Albania in various areas of life, they think to appear “more objective” and “neutral” in the adjudication of cases and thus on the one hand gain the support and trust of all economic immigration to the US and on the other hand hope that, by softened the attitude towards our country, leaving a path for the entry and exit of economic emigration in Albania, which would serve the American Intelligence bodies for their actions against our country.
- In the reactionary organization of “Balli Kombëtar”. Until recently, this has been an organization with fewer cracks and has presented itself with a composition of less uncompromising elements, both during the occupation of our country and during the period of emigration. As a result of this demagoguery and the maneuvers made by Abaz Ermenji and his successors, she has accumulated around herself many of the masses of fugitives. It is run by English Intelligence and stands in opposition and controversy with all other reactionary immigration organizations led by American intelligence and other intelligence.
The “Free Albania” Committee, and other reactionary groups, have often called on “Ballit Agrar” to talk and find a formula for uniting all emigration in the interest of the “Albanian cause”, but these never have not accepted because other groups call them compromised.
From the data we have from our sources, recently there are signs that disagreements have arisen within this organization, which have caused a division into three groups:
a) The group that opposes any attempt to negotiate and unite with other reactionary groups, such as “Balli Kombëtar”, “Legaliteti”, “Blloku Indipendent”, etc., who, they say, are badly compromised in their actions, whether during the war, whether now in emigration. At the head of this group is Abaz Ermenji supported by “Intelligence Service”.
b) The group that makes every effort to join and get closer to all other reactionary organizations, including the “Kosovo League”. They argue this with the necessity of creating a “United Emigration Front”, if the need is not in the framework of the Committee “Free Albania” (because they know that this is opposed by Abaz Ermenji), but maybe the union will be done with the organization of “Vatrë” which also has a patriotic tradition. This group is led by Luan Gashi and has the encouragement and support of the CIA
c) The neutral group of Vasil Andoni, who in fact leans in support of the group of Luan Gashi and the CIA, but who for now prefers to stay for the “sake of unity” in a position where there are attempts for talks and merger to be made gradually with the development of the situation.
According to our sources, in the premises that oppose the position of Abaz Ermeni and that speak for the union of emigration where the traitor Sadik Premtja is part. There is information that Sadiku in cooperation with other persons of different nationalities, revised by the parties as Trotskyists, seeks to form a “political group” with the characteristics of the “Communist League of Yugoslavia”.
- In the reactionary organization of “Legality”. Such a divisive and quarrelsome situation also exists in the reactionary group of “Legality”, but while in the first two, quarrels and divisions are reflected more in their orientations, here they are caused mainly by quarrels and ambitions of their reactionary leaders. , especially between Abaz Kupi as chairman on the one hand and Selim Damani as secretary on the other. The quarrels between them have existed for a long time, but in recent months they have become very tense and it seems that Selim Damani is being eliminated with his group.
We mentioned above that “Legality” is the reactionary emigration group that has so far consolidated good positions in the organization of “Fire”. But quarrels and quarrels within them have begun to shake their position in that organization. That is why they have recently been trying to resolve their differences by taking the following measures:
a) They call on Leka Zogolli to go to the US and with his influence to avoid quarrels and ensure the unity of the group. The last few days Leka is going to the USA, and currently he is there and he is working and acting in this direction. The reception that took place in New York was also attended by economic immigrants from the organization “Vatrë”, especially from the presidency. In talks with reactionary emigrants, our sources inform us that Leka, after praising the “bright street of Vatra” for the problems of Albanianism, advised the reactionary emigration mass not to be discouraged, to have patience and to look at things realistically, because the issue of their return to Albania may last for an unforeseen time, because it depends on the development of the international situation.
b) The next measure they intend to take to avoid quarrels is the convening of the “Congress of Legality” to be held in the first months of autumn. There are conflicting opinions about the convening of the congress in the presidency and it has not been decided yet.
We are using such a situation to us with various legal and illegal forms and means to deepen these divergences and their quarrels, in order to create a situation as unfavorable and impossible as possible to realize the “union of emigration reactionary “. The opportunities for such work on our part are favorable.