Memorie.al/ publishes the main article of the newspaper ‘Zeri i Popullit’ of December 12, 1990, where the meeting of the 13th plenum of the Central Committee of the ALP was announced in capital letters, which in addition to taking decisions on holding the Congress of Her Xs in June 1991 and the National Asset of the Party for December 26 of that year, also announced the dismissal of the members of the Politburo, of ‘friends’: Muho Asllani, Simon Stefani, Lenka Çuko, Photo Çami, Hajredin Çeliku, as well as Qirjako Mihali and Pirro Kondi, from the position of candidate of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the ALP, and the meeting of ‘friend’ Ramiz Alia, with a representative of the students of the State University of Tirana.
ON THE MEETING OF THE 13TH PLENUM OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF ALP
Yesterday, December 11, 1990, under the chairmanship of Comrade Ramiz Alia, the Plenum of the Central Committee of the Party convened to review the current situation and recommend appropriate measures to improve it.
Regarding the above he decided:
- To convene in June 1991 the X Ordinary Congress of the Party.
- On December 26, 1990, the National Activist of the Party to gather in Tirana to determine the electoral platform of the Party and to approve the list of its candidates for deputies in the People’s Assembly.
- The Plenum dismissed the members of the Politburo, comrades Muho Asllani, Simon Stefani, Foto Çami, Hajredin Çeliku and comrades Qirjako Mihali, and Pirro Kondi from the position of candidate of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the ALP.
- It was recommended to the Chairman of the Council of Ministers to propose to the Presidium of the People’s Assembly the necessary changes in the government in accordance with the current situation.
- The Plenum expressed the opinion that it is in the interest of further democratization of the life of the country and pluralism creation of independent political organizations in accordance with the laws in force.
13TH PLENUM OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF THE LABOR PARTY OF ALBANIA
Tirana, on 11.12. 1990